MediaCoder User Reviews
Results 1-1 of 1
"Works, but buyer beware."
Version: MediaCoder 0.8.26.5566
Works well, at least for audio conversion from FLAC to MP3. I've not tried video conversion.
1. Not freeware, it's nagware (displays ads using OpenCandy).
2. For a minimum contribution of $25 the software claims the nags will be removed. Only after paying does the author tell you that the ads will reappear if you run the software without a constant internet connection. The only place where one can discover that a constant internet connection is required is on the page about the premium version.
3. When asked about this the author's suggestion is to pay an extra $130 (at the time of writing) for a USB dongle that will have to be plugged in whenever the software is used.
4. When started without an internet connection a popup appears notifying the user that some functionality will actually be disabled if there's no internet connection.
5. Requires admin rights to be successfully "authorised" with the purchased user ID.
There are apparently some proprietary converters in the software, but otherwise it doesn't do anything that can be done with actual freeware, such as Avanti, though it may cover more formats than the freeware options.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
You must be 13 years of age or older to submit personal information to CNET Networks. In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, CNET Networks does not accept name and e-mail address information from users who are under 13 years of age.
All submitted ratings and written comments become the sole property of CNET Networks, Inc. (CNET) and may be used at CNET Networks' sole discretion. Ratings and written comments are generally posted within two to four business days in batch groups, not in real time. However, CNET Networks reserves the right to remove or refuse to post any submission for any reason. You acknowledge that you, not CNET Networks, are responsible for the contents of your submission.
CNET Networks is not responsible for the content of the publisher's descriptions or user reviews on this site. We encourage you to determine whether this product or your intended use is legal. We do not encourage or condone the use of any software in violation of applicable laws. CNET Download.com does not sell, resell, or license any of the products listed on the site. We cannot be held liable for issues that arise from the download or use of these products.