CNET Editors' reviewThis game aims to help kids learn the basics of mathematics. Math Arcade requires absolutely no installation; it just launches from the EXE file that you download. The interface may seem chaotic at first because it lays out all the functions in an easily accessible way, but it's handy once you get used to it. The game features both practice and arcade modes. The two modes look the same, but each has a small tutorial on the right side that explains how to play. However, by providing only one game, the trial version makes it difficult to judge the quality of the full program. If you want to take the gamble that Math Arcade will entertain and teach your child, you might as well skip the next-to-useless trial version and just register.
From Cool Math Software:
Put away your calculator and give Math Arcade a try. Whether you're a grade-school student learning basic math for the first time or an old-timer in need of a refresh, Math Arcade will hone your mental math skills like nothing else.
Math Arcade is a collection of eight different games with five skill levels each. The games vary from simulated flash-card learning for addition, subtraction, and multiplication to full-blown longhand addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. There is even a mind-bending equation builder that's sure to test even the best mental math wizards! There is both a practice and an arcade mode for each game. In practice mode, you can try as many problems as you want. In arcade mode, up to four people can compete, attempting to solve a fixed number of problems in a race against the clock. At the end of each arcade game attempt, a summary sheet is provided so you can print and review your performance.
More Products to Consider
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- Create your own flash cards for whatever it is you are trying t...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Help your child develop strong math skills.
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Play games to memorize foreign words.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Organize your lesson plans and classroom activities.
- Improve your knowledge of the basic math.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Run your own snack bar.
- Allow you to perform a live saving operation on your Windows PC...
- Improve your memory and concentration via the card game.
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
- Learn ready-made French word lists.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Plot implicit equations and display functions, derivatives, etc...
- Convert ePub, HTML, XML files to PDF file.
- Learn how to deal with rational numbers, factorization, and lin...
- Play an educational space arcade game.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1