CNET Editors' review
When it comes to mobile data encryption shareware like InterCrypto's Master Voyager, there are two ways of looking at things: 1) You get what you pay for, generally speaking; and 2) What's your data worth? Not to mention your privacy, security, and even your time--all of which can be compromised when your portable drive is lost, stolen, or copied. Master Voyager creates strongly encrypted, password-protected areas on USB drives and optical discs. You can distribute protected data to others who only need a password to open it on their own computers. Recent updates to Master Voyager include the ability to create protected areas larger than 4GB on CDFS and FAT32 file systems.
Master Voyager's user interface takes its styling cues from Office, and its Start button, Ribbon-style toolbar, and crisp rendering will look right at home (make that "at work") on many business desktops. Master Voyager displayed all our removable drives in the Ribbon under Removable Storages, each displaying either its used space or Empty. The familiar Explorer-style layout is anchored by the Navigation Tree. The main window also displays side-by-side tree views, the Active Files Panel and the Inactive Files Panel. Master Voyager is so easy to understand that you can simply click on any available drive and then choose the appropriate tool on the Ribbon, but a detailed and comprehensive Help file is a click away. In fact, the Help file and the interface were two indicators that Master Voyager was capable of delivering on the old saying that you get what you pay for.
We're aware that freeware as well as shareware costing less than Master Voyager can also protect USB drives, memory sticks, and other removable data devices with strong encryption since we've used quite a few of them, and there's very little comparison between them and Master Voyager in terms of sophistication and user support. Most users will probably do best to try some free tools first. But then, Master Voyager is free to try for 30 days and, at $69.95, is probably comparable to your cell phone bill, so it's certainly worth a look.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Master Voyager 3.14.
Master Voyager is especially designed to create protected DVD/CD discs and USB Memory Sticks. It creates protected areas on the media and it is needed to enter password to see protected contents. Protected Disc/USB Stick is fully autonomous and does not need any special software installed on computer. It has strong encryption of protected contents. Advanced Encryption Standard 256 bit is used to protect your records. AES is new Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) and used to protect sensitive information by U.S.Government organizations (and others). Embedded CD/DVD burning module. It supports CDR/CDRW/DVD+-R/DVD+-RW disc types. You do not need to buy special CD burning software. No need to have Master Voyager software on computer to read protected media. Every protected disc/usb stick contains AutoPlay module. You just need to insert disc into CD Drive (or connect your Flash Stick to USB port) and it will ask password to continue. The only requirement is to have Windows Vista/XP/2000 (32 or 64 bit) and CDROM/USB port. The protected media does NOT install any software to the target computer. It is fully autonomous. Download and try 30 days evaluation version for free of charge.
What's new in this version: Fixed serious bug causing BSOD on Windows 8.1 when closing secure zone when zone's virtual drive is used by another application.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Use hidden and encrypted partition to protect your USB flash dr...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Erase tracks of your online and offline activities, including h...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Manage your PC services, tasks, and start-ups.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Protect, hide, delete proof, write proof or block access to any...
- Get a virtual DVD-ROM/CD-R burner.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Turn your desktop into a realistic-looking 3D aquarium.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Track and record rounds and other parts of your golf game.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Good software, bad and aggressive user support"
Version: Master Voyager Home Edition 3.07
Good protection for usb/cd/dvd
Bad and agressieve user support
Good software, but very agressive (uses words like ********, clown) and bad user support.
Translations in the program doesn't work, which is why I give for the GUI: 1 Poor...
Because of the bad support experience, it's better to look for another software.
"Best for encryption of data on CD/DVD!"
Version: Master Voyager Home Edition 2.100
Easy to use
Fast to retrieve data
None for me!
Recommended for anyone wanting to secure data on CD/DVD!
"The perfect software for encrypting cd and/or dvd"
Version: Master Voyager Home Edition 2.74
Does what promise
Only allows to save data on first burning session, you have to create a new hidden partition to save further data