CNET Editors' review
MART is a file format for electronic books, and we have to admit that we had never heard of it before. The paucity of Google results about this format made us wonder about its popularity, but it turns out that there is no shortage of people using the format to upload e-books for viewing with MartView. Not only does this e-reader let you view electronic documents, it also makes it easy to create and share books of your own.
MartView features a sleek and attractive design. The program comes with a user guide within its library of e-books, which is a nice touch; you can try out the program's features as you read about them. MartView features several views and methods of moving through documents: you can turn pages, scroll vertically or horizontally, or view thumbnails of the pages. MartView gives you access to a library of e-books--mostly magazines--that have been uploaded by others around the world, and there's no telling what you'll find. We came across the June 2007 issue of Total Guitar, several issues of The Economist from 2010, several Japanese girlie mags, and a German-language vegetarian magazine, among many others. MartView also makes it easy to convert your own PDFs or image files into the MART format to be uploaded and shared. We liked the fact that MartView works as a PDF viewer, too. The program is a bit of a resource hog, and we noticed a significant slowdown in our machine's performance while it was running; the program itself was also a bit slow to respond. Still, MartView's attractive interface and innovative method of sharing magazines make it worth checking out.
MartView installs a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program to all users.
Martview is an eMagz reader that is compatible with pdf file and mart file. With comfortable & clean layout to maximize your reading pleasure on computer. Experience the new concept of digital reading. Thousands of free e-books & magazines uploaded by martview users around the world will sure to fulfill your reading interest. Major Features: Horizontal & vertical slider viewer; Smooth & innovative slider mode emulates speed and slides through pages with ease. Just Use the Combo click (click left and right button simultaneously) to zoom in and out of the page. You have full control of the page with your mouse + scroller; Flipping Mode--Realistic flipping mode simulates a natural feeling as if you are turning the actual pages of your reading material. It's sure to provide another whole new dimension in electronic reading. Use the Combo click (click left and right button simultaneously) to zoom in and out of the page and have full control of the page with your mouse + scroller; Fully optimized for touchscreen monitor--Martview is optimized for touchscreen usage. Feel the book, browse through pages with swiping gestures, tap & hold to zoom, draw circle to adjust zoom level, shuffling rapidly through a book with a swipe-and-hold gesture; Jump around--Additional convenience when jumping around of the book with page thumbnail. Giving you additional speed so that you can save time by choosing the exact page that you want conveniently; Free book & magazine download--Thousands of Downloadable free e-books & magazines uploaded by other users around the world, with more then 20 genres that will sure to fulfill your reading interest. Download within martview conveniently and securely; Resumable download--Hassle free. You can resume back your download at any point of time upon connection error. No more worries about starting your download all over again; Create your own--Compilation made versatile, the Martview reader supports multiple file formats including pdf file or any other compatible formats such as jpg/gif/png. An e-book/magazine of your own will be a good platform to start your own editorials; Publish your book to the world, direct from martview. Just choose the pictures file (jpg/gif/png) or PDF file and compile it. Upload your book and get published to the world within hours.
What's new in this version:
- Epub support (Beta feature)
- Bookshelf Window: Added "Recent book"
- Create E-Book Window: E-Book creation list
- Improved performance and usability.
- Setting Window
- Bookshelf's "Recent book" configuration
- Epub's font and size selection
- Improves performance and usability.
- Right to left orientation support.
- Improved zip, rar, cbz & cbr supports: direct reading wit... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Convert PDF to EPUB.
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- Convert Adobe Digital Editions e-book into PDF format.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Convert Micrsoft Reader ebook to PDF format, convert lit to pdf...
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Search for various e-books from the Internet.
- Learn to convert audio from analog sources using analog recorde...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Allow your clients to modify your PDF reports and e-books.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Read ebooks on your Windows personal computer.
- View and print PDF documents.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Publish images or PDF files to the Web in form of Flash-based o...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Subscribe to a PDF based monthly magazine.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Create turning page magazines in minutes.
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 42 votes
Current version:1.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Could Have Been S-MartView!"
Version: MartView 2.5.2
Good flip-book, lots of potential, but it takes too much space.
1. There's NO encoding of the PDF or other files and anyone can use them outside MartView.
2. Once you upload a book or magazine, there's NO way to delete it or update it.
3. There's NO email address or any human to ask for assistance.
4. No one answers any requests for help even on their Facebook page, created supposedly for users and fans.
Even though this is a potentially a great product, it is too heavy to load, and the lack of user support makes it practically unusable, or rather "user-trap." Think 100 times before you upload any valuable or copyrighted content, because once it is there, it is like losing your wallet on the street.
"Bloated, slow, crap."
Version: MartView 2.5.2
Looks "slick" but don't mistake slick for slime.
Heavy on resources
Proprietary file format
SPAM/ADS embedded between pages of whatever you're reading.
Poor implementation of a ebook reader. It's big and bloated and way too slow. It puts ads between pages. Don't bother downloading. I uninstalled immediately.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content