CNET Editors' review
MakeUp Pilot offers users a chance to improve photographic idiosyncrasies by applying digital makeup. The program is incredibly easy to use, but results vary.
We were impressed with this program's simple interface where users are immediately treated to a six-part tutorial showing how to use the makeup. Lasting only a few minutes, users will have a familiarity with various makeup applications and adjustment tools after the tutorial. For those who need more insight, a Help file is available. Applying makeup and improving picture quality was a mixed bag, with tools ranging from eyeliner, rouge, powder, lipstick, eye color, and even teeth bleaching. All operated on the same point-and-click premise and were easy to apply. We found the powder and rouge, both used to conceal imperfections, were subtle and did a believable job of hiding blemishes. On the other hand the lipstick and eye color tools didn't look realistic and were difficult to keep applied to their respective facial parts.
The program is light on special features, though we did find one addition to be an absolute necessity. The Original Image button immediately erases your makeup to see your progress and then replaces the work. While it was easy to apply and some of the makeup worked very well, we feel the uneven results mean this trial (which saves your work in a special format) is good for having fun, but not for serious photo editing.
From Two Pilots:
MakeUp Pilot is digital retouch software that allows doing makeup directly on your photos. It helps you to quickly and remove small defects on your skin. With this program you'll be able to make your pictures look even better than they do.
What's new in this version: Version 4.5.2 adds Photoshop CS6 support.
More Products to Consider
- Apply makeup in your digital photos.
- Edit and retouch digital photographs on your PC.
- Make yourself look gorgeous on the photos.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Improve the facial structure on your photos with retouching and...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Scan and remove imperfections from your photos.
- Mix up multiple faces or generate thousands of synthetic photo-...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Modify photos to simulate virtual plastic surgery results.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Retouch digital images and portraits on your Windows PC.