CNET Editors' review
MakeUp Pilot offers users a chance to improve photographic idiosyncrasies by applying digital makeup. The program is incredibly easy to use, but results vary.
We were impressed with this program's simple interface where users are immediately treated to a six-part tutorial showing how to use the makeup. Lasting only a few minutes, users will have a familiarity with various makeup applications and adjustment tools after the tutorial. For those who need more insight, a Help file is available. Applying makeup and improving picture quality was a mixed bag, with tools ranging from eyeliner, rouge, powder, lipstick, eye color, and even teeth bleaching. All operated on the same point-and-click premise and were easy to apply. We found the powder and rouge, both used to conceal imperfections, were subtle and did a believable job of hiding blemishes. On the other hand the lipstick and eye color tools didn't look realistic and were difficult to keep applied to their respective facial parts.
The program is light on special features, though we did find one addition to be an absolute necessity. The Original Image button immediately erases your makeup to see your progress and then replaces the work. While it was easy to apply and some of the makeup worked very well, we feel the uneven results mean this trial (which saves your work in a special format) is good for having fun, but not for serious photo editing.
From Two Pilots:
MakeUp Pilot is digital retouch software that allows doing makeup directly on your photos. It helps you to quickly and remove small defects on your skin. With this program you'll be able to make your pictures look even better than they do.
What's new in this version: Version 4.5.2 adds Photoshop CS6 support.
More Products to Consider
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit and retouch digital photos.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Place your photos on your desktop with multiple features.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Collect, organize, and connect your videos, pictures, and audio...
- Apply makeup in your digital photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create a large panorama image to be displayed in a Web browser.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Resize multiple images simultaneously.
- Make yourself look gorgeous on the photos.
- Improve the facial structure on your photos with retouching and...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Scan and remove imperfections from your photos.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Manage, edit, and share your digital pictures, create online fl...
- Retouch digital images and portraits on your Windows PC.
- Organize, share, and edit your pictures.