Acting as a site specific web browser for Google's Gmail, Mailplane is a full fledged Mail client for the Desktop. It fully integrates the Gmail web interface into the Mac experience, offering you the best of both worlds. And since Mailplane doesn't change the way Gmail works, its unique features can still be enjoyed, including conversations, labels, global access, endless storage, spam protection, and the ever fast and powerful Google search.
Mailplane supports multiple Gmail and Google Apps accounts; the app allows you to easily switch between accounts without the need to sign in/sign out from the Gmail accounts.
With full iLife integration, you can also browse and attach files from your iPhoto and iTunes libraries too. Downloads can be directly imported into iPhoto as well. The integrated screenshot tool lets you capture and attach a window, screen or region.
You can Drag and Drop files and images on the dock application icon, or any Mailplane window to create and upload attachments. And with automatic photo optimization, image attachments can be converted and resized to make the message even smaller.
Mailplane can play a user defined sound, as well as show the number of unread messages in the application icon, account drawer and status menu item. As Mailplane monitors all Gmail accounts, unread message counters and message subjects are displayed for each account. More...
What's new in this version:
- FIX: Click the Growl notification or an unread message opened a compose second window. Same problem when printing emails.
- FIX: Gmail wasn't properly focused after hiding the app or re-opening the main window.
- FIX: Preferences->Tweak UI->highlight selected row didn't work for unread messages
- FIX: BadRequest/Timeouts when authenticating.
- FIX: Unread message notifications stopped working for some users.