CNET Editors' review
MailTab for Gmail provides a way to access your Gmail account without using a browser. Running as an app, MailTab for Gmail can notify you when you get new mail (both audibly and visually) and gives you faster access to your inbox than loading Gmail the traditional way. MailTab for Gmail installs easily and a simple click on the menu bar icon gives you near-instant access to your Gmail account.
MailTab for Gmail works with Gmail only, of course, but the interface is slick and friendly. Arriving mail appears as a small number over the MailTab for Gmail icon. When expanded, all the mail in your inbox appears with subject and the first line of the text. Clicking on the mail expands it to show the entire message. Replying is simple and doesn't require you to open a browser. The basic MailTab for Gmail works well (albeit it with advertisements appearing), but of course there's an upgrade path at additional cost that removes the advertisements and adds more features such as chat. There's a few add-ins ranging in price, providing an a-la-carte mail app.
We enjoyed using MailTab for Gmail, and it has become a solid addition to our menu bar. Because it is third-party, any changes in Gmail may require changes to MailTab for Gmail, so support is key, but the publisher commits to regular updates and improvements. If you use Gmail as your primary mail client, take a look at MailTab for Gmail. You will probably prefer it.
MailTab for Gmail is the ideal app for instantly accessing your Gmail account without having to open your web browser. Download it for free and benefit from visual and audio mail notifications, quick access to your inbox and the ability to respond to mails at lightning speed.
After downloading, simply click on the MailTab icon in the top menu bar whenever you want to check your Gmail account and you will be presented with a beautiful little window containing the Gmail mobile interface.
MailTab for Gmail allows you to overcome email overload by increasing the speed at which you can access and respond to your emails.
For OS X Lion users, we have now added in-app purchases to allow you to unlock extra features such as opacity control, desktop mode with chat and removal of advertisements.
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- Make and receive phone calls and hold cross-platform webcam cha...
- View Outlook .msg email and contact files on Mac.
- Hear, see, and chat with many people at a time.
- Send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on...
- Localized version.
- Video chat/calling tool; see up to 6 friends at once.
- Exchange online messages that appear as soon as they're sent.
- Use your webcam with multiple apps & add cool graphics & effect...
- Export to Facebook directly from iPhoto.
- Multi-protocol instant messaging client.
- Add DSP effects to any Mac application with audio content.
- Auto record Skype phone and video calls.
- Instant messaging tool.
- Convert Outlook 2011 OLMs for import into Apple Mail, Thunderbi...
- Control camera settings from iChat, Skype and other apps.
- Access your Infusionsoft data from Apple Mail.
- Browser plugin to view rich multimedia web content.
- Convert PST for Apple Mail, Entourage, Outlook 2011 to MBOX, EM...
- Connect with all your friends instantly.
- Search and manage your Skype chat history and Skype accounts.
- Archive your e-mails in a database for later retrieval.
- Convert eml files to emlx files and .mbox folders.
- VoIP softphone for SIP networks, pbx like features.
- Junk mail filter for Apple Mail.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content