- Add Addresses (Mail): Add addresses found in the selected messages (in the header fields "From", "To", "Cc", and "Bcc") to the Address Book. This is much more flexible than the "Add Sender to Address Book" available in Mail and provides a convenient way for creating mailing lists.
- Archive Messages (Mail): Move messages from the selected mailbox(es) to an archive mailbox or export them to standard mbox or plain text files for backup purposes or import into other applications. You can select to move all messages or only messages sent within or certain period as well filter messages based on their read and flagged status.
- Change SMTP Server (Mail): Switch between different already defined SMTP servers or define a new one. This is especially useful if you are using your computer in more than one location and have to switch servers for several accounts at once.
- Create Rule (Mail): Create a new rule based on the first of the selected messages. This saves you the trouble of copy/pasting address or other info between the message and the rule window and provides a much quicker way for setting up a rule with multiple criteria/actions.
- Remove Duplicates (Mail): Locate all duplicate messages found in the selected mailbox(es) and move them to a separate mailbox for easy removal (duplicate matching is based on the unique message header "Message-Id").
- Schedule Delivery (Mail): Allows you to send individual messages at predefined times (this script uses iCal for scheduling message delivery).
- Send all Drafts (Mail): Immediately send all messages in the "Drafts" folders for all accounts. This saves you from having to open each draft in order to send it.
- Open Mailbox, Open Message (Mail): Two small faceless scripts which will open mailboxes with new messages or the new messages themselves when run as a rule action.
- Export Addresses (Address Book): Export addresses from the Address Book into tab-delimited text files. You can select which groups and which fields you want to export.
- Search Addresses (Address Book): Find all addresses inside the Address Book matching one or more criteria. As opposed to the "Search" function built into the Address Book, this lets you search in any field as well as for empty and non-empty fields. As an example, you might use this script to search for all phone numbers with a certain area code in order to update your contacts after an area code change.
What's new in this version:
2.3 (September 29, 2004)
- (Archive Messages): when exporting messages into text files, richt text and HTML messages are now exported as well. Since Apple has still not fixed the bugs in Mail's AppleScript implementation, I wrote my own parser to generate plain text versions. The parser is written in Perl and relies heavily on two modules from the CPAN archive: See all new features »