Macaroni solves this problem. If a scheduled maintenance task is not run when it's normally scheduled, Macaroni automatically ensures that it's run at the next opportunity, whenever the Mac is on.
- Automatically runs maintenance jobs
- Configurable: Add your own scheduled tasks
- Custom tasks can be scheduled as daily, weekly, monthly, or at regular intervals (such as "every three days").
- Tracks maintenance history
- Displays results of latest maintenance run.
- Tasks may be configured to run only during system idle time.
- Tasks may be configured to wait until your system is plugged in, saving battery power.
What's new in this version:
For Powerbook and iBook users! Scheduled maintenance can now be configured to run only when your Mac is using its power adapter, saving battery power. This release also fixes some minor user-interface glitches.