CNET Editors' review
MacTubes is the free application all YouTube users will love to use. It does exactly what its name suggests by bringing video content right onto your Mac computer without the need to launch a Web browser to find the video you are looking for.
MacTubes' interface couldn't be more simplistic or clean: all you have to do is enter your keyword(s) into the search field and the fun begins. We like the feature that narrows down the search to different countries, as well as the option to either watch or save for future viewing. MacTubes supports multiple formats such as FLV, MP4, HD, and HD/1080, which is handy if you want to further optimize the video for your iPad or iPhone using a video converter. In addition to those great features, we liked the fact that users can download multiple videos simultaneously. The only downside we found was the temptation of spending hours watching and downloading content, but that really can't be blamed on the application! MacTubes can be a bit addictive and you may find you want to purchase a large capacity external hard drive to store all the content for further watching.
Overall, MacTubes performed well during our testing, and we enjoyed using the application for both effortless searching and downloading, or just content streaming from YouTube. And the best part of all is the application is free to download.MacTubes - Play and download Youtube videos on OSX - Download Video Previews:
MacTubes is a youtube video player and downloader. It allows searching by keywords, related videos and authors videos, creating playlists, keywords, author-feed lists. You can play videos by entering their video URL or ID. Downloading video files.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed problem that failed downloading video file.
- Added "3D" format for download.
- Over OS X 10.8, video size is very small at playing with Flash Player.
More Products to Consider
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Save YouTube videos in MP3 format.
- Download video or audio from YouTube.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Download web video & convert for Apple TV & iPod.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Extended version of the MPlayer video player.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Free software with everything you need to play, create and stre...
- Download, manage, and share YouTube videos.
- Convert your music to WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, OGG or Apple Lossles...
- Tag and transcribe audio and video files.
- Create subtitles, captions, annotations.
- Google Maps desktop client for Mac.
- Simple, straightforward disc burner, with advanced options for ...
- Listen to free Internet radio.
- Subscribe to, watch, and distribute online videos.
- Digital video editing system.
- Create media sequences for theater, dance, installation & more.
- Download YouTube videos to your Mac.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Record any application playing on your Mac.
All versions:4.4 stars
out of 40 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"It's working perfect!"
Version: MacTubes 3.1.6
you can search youtube with keyword, select the quality of video to download, watch video while downloading
1. add the function of pasting a link
2. display the download speed and estimate time
3. add the function of using proxy
This is a great app!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: