From Oratrix Development:
Python is a high-level programming language that is suitable for simple scripting tasks as well as writing large applications. MacPython offers alot of Mac-specific extensions, including access to all major MacOS Toolbox modules (QuickDraw, QuickTime, AppleScript and many more), an Integrated Development Environment (in Python!), frameworks for windowing applications, unix-compatible cgi-scripting, image-manipulation libraries, numerical libraries, tk-based machine independent windowing and lots more. It also uniquely among Pythons allows you to create fully selfcontained (and, hence, distributable) applications without needing a C compiler or anything.
What's new in this version:
- Types and classes are unified, so you can subclass builtin types.
- Iterators and generators allow objects to be "looped over" and producer/consumer-style programming.
- Accept both unix- and mac-style newlines
- Automatic garbage collection
- Better Carbon support and better integration with OS X command line Python