MPlayer OSX Extended is the future of MPlayer OSX. Leveraging the power of the MPlayer and FFmpeg open source projects, MPlayer OSX Extended aims to deliver a powerful, functional and no frills video player for OSX.
MPlayer OSX Extended is based on the original MPlayer OSX project but has since undergone fundamental changes, making it a modern and easy to use video player. Thanks to multithreading and 64bit architecture, MPlayer OSX Extended is one of the fastest choices on OSX to play back HD H264 videos. It also supports instant playback of MKV files and advanced styled subtitles in the ASS format.
MPlayer OSX Extended uses the MPlayer open source project for decoding and integrates MPlayer's default key commands with a native OSX interface. Users of MPlayer should immediately feel at home and are able to tweak the fine details of the MPlayer invocation with binary bundles and additional command-line options.
Some of its key features are:
- Up-to-date builds of MPlayer and FFmpeg.
- Clean and concise interface and preferences.
- Support for MKV files with embedded fonts and ASS subtitles.
- Multithreaded and 64bit-enabled for best playback performance.
- Built-in support for a wide range of video and audio formats.
- Fullscreen controls, playlist, inspector and interactive audio and video equalizers.
- Capture screenshots of any video.
- Automatic updates for itself and MPlayer binaries.
What's new in this version:
- Redesigned preferences window
- MPlayer binary bundles
- Interactive audio and video equalizers
- New inspector window
- Redesigned player window (by Nick Saia)
- Support for multiple player instances
- Custom screenshot save location
- OSD level and subtitle scale now apply immediately
- Better custom aspect ratio support
- Audio equalizer presets
- Per-fil... See all new features »