From MDSolids Software:
MDSolids is educational software designed to assist engineering students in the introductory mechanics of materials course. MDSolids explains and solves a wide variety of engineering problems commonly found in the mechanics of materials course.
MDSolids is also very useful to the practicing engineer who is needs a quick, easy-to-use tool for basic engineering calculations.
MDSolids has routines pertaining to all of the topics taught in a typical mechanics of materials course. Twelve modules pertaining to a wide range of common textbook problems are presently available: basic stress and strain concepts, trusses, statically indeterminate axial structures, torsion, determinate beams, section properties, general analysis (of axial, torsion, and beam members), combined loadings, column buckling, pressure vessels, and Mohr's circle transformations. Within the modules, each routine solves types of problems typically found in all mechanics of materials textbooks. Each MDSolids routine features a picture, sketch, or plot that graphically depicts important aspects of the problem. Sketches are used to show the direction of internal stresses, applied loads, and reaction forces.
MDSolids is an 'electronic solutions manual,' giving not only the correct solution for a particular problem but also providing intermediate solutions that can be used to confirm the problem solving approach. Many of the MDSolids modules provide extra explanations to describe in words how the calculations are performed. These explanations can help students develop the thought processes used in solving mechanics of materials problems. The text explanations are dynamic and context-sensitive, tailored specifically to the particular problem in terms of the values and units entered for the problem.
MDSolids was a winner of the 1998 Premier Award for Excellence in Engineering Education Courseware.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- Read the CBR files.
- Type in Hindi using iTrans scheme of transliteration.
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
- Read ebooks on your Windows personal computer.
- Search for various e-books from the Internet.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Convert ePub, HTML, XML files to PDF file.