CNET Editors' review
LoneColor changes the color of your desktop with one click. It doesn't require installation and it couldn't be easier to use; but whether or not you need this app's services will depend on your visual preferences.
Once you download LoneColor, all you need to do is place the file on the desktop. One click and the color of your desktop changes. All the colors we saw in the random draw seemed to be in the bright, bordering on neon range, and we have to admit we didn't keep any of them for long. There's no user interface, but you can set the color by just renaming LoneColor's executable file to include the name of the color. We tried "LoneColor Blue," which led to a very bright blue background. You can add the Web color code to the program's name to get the exact hue you want, which is the only flexibility you'll have with this basic program. Still, LoneColor worked exactly as promised, and it only took one click to replace our wallpaper with a random color. There are no settings or other options.
If you like to change up your computer's background color frequently, but don't want to dig through the settings, LoneColor offers one of the easiest ways to make the change quickly. It's free to try and you won't need to uninstall it if you aren't happy with the results, although you will need to manually undo whatever color it last added to your desktop.
LoneColor is very easy to use: simply drop the application or its shortcut on your Desktop and double-click it: you will get a random color wallpaper. Rename "LoneColor" to "LoneColor Pink", run it, and your Desktop will get a Pink wallpaper. LoneColor has a minimal design and no Graphical User Interface. To specify the color you want to use, just add the color name to the LoneColor program name. It's like using command line parameters, but a lot easier.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Bring your desktop background to life by switching backgrounds.
- Decorate your desktop with scenes from this Oscar nominated fil...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Put George Clooney on your desktop.
- Place an animated background on your desktop.
- Set up countdown timer to receive alert of important event.
- Access wallpaper images that rotate the desktop background and ...
- Access detailed weather conditions with alerts.
- Switch between two desktop resolutions quickly and easily.
- Wallpaper changer.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content