CNET Editors' review
LogonExpert allows users to log on and off of their computers automatically at set times of day. The program is simple to use and features a high level of security versus other similar programs.
The program's interface is simple, consisting of four tabs: one to enter log-on information, one to set the schedule, one for security options, and one with information about the publisher (this is where we would expect to find the Help file, but there isn't one). Setting up the program is as simple as entering your Windows password and scheduling when you would like to log on and/or log off. Users can optionally lock their computers after log-on to keep it secure in case it's unattended at the time. In general the program was easy to use; we scheduled it to log us off and log us back on a few minutes later, and it worked just fine. We would have liked to see either a Help file or a little more instruction from the interface; although it's easy enough to figure out with a bit of effort, it's not entirely intuitive. The program's publishers claim that it is more secure than similar programs because it doesn't store log-on information in the Registry; this may be important to users who are particularly concerned about security.
LogonExpert has a 10-day trial period, which should be ample time for users to evaluate it. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
From Softros Systems:
LogonExpert is a Windows automatic logon tool for personal computers and corporate servers that secures the autologon process by storing the logon credentials AES-256 encrypted. A user can be logged on automatically on Windows startup (with optional post-logon desktop locking), with a scheduled logon task, or by means of a special command line utility that can be used locally, remotely or through a script. In addition to logon tasks, a built-in scheduler allows you to set up logoff tasks as well. Options to wake the computer up after a scheduled logon and put it to sleep after a scheduled logoff are also available. The command line utility that comes with LogonExpert can help system administrators configure basic LogonExpert settings and execute custom logon/logoff/lock/re-logon scenarios network wide. Silent deployment over the company network is also possible.
What's new in this version: Version 5.4.1 contains bug fixes
More Products to Consider
- Enjoy flight over ocean in cinematic 3D environment.
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Change the desktop wallpaper automatically, position pictures t...
- Customize your bootup screen with your own images.
- Animate your desktop with the beautiful 3d space scenes.
- See a glowing digital clock that appears when your computer is ...
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- View celebratory dance 3D snowflakes on your desktop.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Create and edit your own screensavers or convert SWF files to s...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- View our planet in 3D and get references on countries and citie...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
"Nice for energy saving"
Version: LogonExpert 5.2
We got the logon (/w wake computer) task and logoff (w/ sleep computer) on every PC on the network
We are still waiting for multiple user logon feature
We got the v5.3 beta before it was released -- it rules! :-)
"good better best increasing step bu step"
Version: LogonExpert 4.2.2
"another excellent tool from Softros guys"
Version: LogonExpert 4.1
this tool solves the domain logon issue on my wi-fi network (long time network initialization) by setting up the auto logon delay at system start-up
"amazing tool for win servers"
Version: LogonExpert 3.1
logonexpert allow us to autologon 5 win2003 servers according to schedule this tool provided. we need to keep our servers logged on only 5 hours per day that this util does perfectly.
vista support is under development yet... so we cannot use it on our workstations
"Riddled with bugs"
Version: LogonExpert 2
A good idea...
When applied to my computer it screwed it up completely.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content