CNET Editors' review
Live Interior 3D Pro is a full-featured interior-design application designed to help you plan and visualize redecorating and remodeling projects, in both 2D and 3D. The most impressive improvement in version 2 (which also splits the application into Standard and Pro versions) is the ability to edit 3D objects directly in Live Interior 3D using Google SketchUp. You can even export entire projects to Google SketchUp format, with import and export support for Google SketchUp 7.
The 3D models that you can create--both as QuickTime movies and QTVR virtual-reality "walkthroughs"--have gotten better, too, with improved lighting and reflection effects (especially with shadow rendering), even up to HDTV quality. Live Interior 3D Pro gives you more than 1,200 3D objects to work with and more than 1,300 surface materials, and you can also access the Google 3D Warehouse. Learning how to manipulate objects in 3D can still take some time, but improvements to the already Mac-like interface help reduce the learning curve. For anyone embarking on a major home improvement project, Live Interior 3D Pro can be a small but worthwhile investment.
From BeLight Software:
Live Interior 3D Pro is a powerful yet very intuitive interior designing application. It has every feature of Live Interior 3D Standard, plus some exclusive ones:
Create multi-story projects, setting exact ceiling height and slab thickness for every story. Use supplied stairs or define any imported object as stairs.
Adjust walls by making niches and openings in them. You can also apply different surface materials to walls by creating custom wall panels.
Light Source Manager allows to create lamps by adding multiple light sources to any furniture object. Conveniently position every light source within 3D object, adjust light color and attenuation, set glow type, control spot direction.
You can edit any 3D object directly from the program using Google SketchUp.
Alter any supplied material or create your own from an image or photo using advanced options to achieve the required 3D object surface.
Check out the comparison between Standard and Pro editions.
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- View and measure AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views...
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Create, print, edit, sign, and share PDFs with batch operation ...
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Print, e-mail, and save your T-shirts designs all from your des...
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Convert XPS to PDF and PDF to XPS format.
- Create advanced 3D graphics, animations, and dynamic broadcast ...
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- View, edit, convert, print, and save AutoCAD drawings as PDFs a...
- Design attractive logos with 2200 logo templates and customize ...
- Explore new paths with this vector-graphics tool.
- Scan documentation to PDF and store them in a designated locati...
- View CAD models with speed and quality.
- Focus more energy on creative, rather than technical challenges...
- Deliver professional PDF communications; share information more...
- Display single or multipage files with the TIFF extension.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 10 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Best home design software I've used"
Version: Live Interior 3D Pro 2.3.1
- Great integration with Google Warehouse
- Easy and intuitive
- Good surfaces and textures
- Good lighting controls
- No library for cabinets -- big drawback for kitchens and baths
- Render quality is good, but not really photo
I've tried half a dozen home design programs (Mac and PC) over the past decade. Most were wastes of money -- either they crashed every ten minutes, or lacked features, or required too much building.
This is the first and only program that I've used that I've been really happy with. It is only for interiors (no landscaping), but that is what I bought it for. It is extremely intuitive to use, and powerful and flexible. In an afternoon, I've imported a number of fixtures from Google Warehouse with no problem, edited one of them in Google Sketchup, and edited a number of things within the program for size or texture.
I'm particularly surprised by the ease with which I can customize lighting in lighting fixtures and view the room in different lightings. Nice feature!
The rendering is less than photo quality (or else I have not found the highest-quality rendering), but is better than the quality of rendering in other programs that I've been able to use in real time. You wouldn't mistake it for a photo, but it is definitely good enough to give a sense of what the room would look like.
Perhaps the most impressive thing about it is the ability to import samples of tiles and surfaces and incorporate them into a room. I put samples of my tiles and bath surround, and some pictures and ornaments, into my room, using various tools (esp. the Pictures feature). I would have no idea how to even attempt this in other programs I have spent 100x the hours on, and 2/3 of it looks great. (I'm guessing the other 1/3 would too once I learn how to do it right.)
PLUS....it runs natively on Mac. I've always been perplexed that most home design programs were PC-only. I keep a PC for a couple of programs that require it and don't run well on the emulator. I've used this one for half a day on the Mac -- had a decent rendering in the first hour or two!! -- without a crash. I don't think any of my PC programs run that long without a crash...
I give this program 4 stars and not 5 because there are stlll features to add. But I would not give any other program I have tried in this category more than 2.5. Really, I am very pleased and impressed.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content