CNET Editors' review
LiteCam records video of onscreen activity that you can use in presentations, lessons, manuals, e-greetings, archiving...anything that you can improve with video clips. It not only records video, screenshots, and Webcams but also game activity. It can record and insert picture-in-picture video, so you can record your victories and post the clips online with embedded video of yourself while playing, or insert instructions and comments to create educational and training videos. LiteCam also offers Draw-on-Screen, customizable opacity, and file conversion capabilities. LiteCam's Evaluation release is free to try for 30 days, though it places a watermark on output.
LiteCam's installer displayed our account name and our download's Evaluation status. The registration screen required something in the Company field to activate the Next button. We typed in "x," which was sufficient. LiteCam's Start Menu folder contains four shortcuts: LiteCam, LiteCam Info, LiteCam Website, and Uninstall LiteCam. LiteCam's user interface takes its visual and functional clues from Office, especially with its Ribbon-style toolbar, though instead of a Start button, LiteCam sports a series of quick-access icons on the left end of the Title Bar, with the same commands duplicated in the File Menu and a sidebar: Record Video, Record Screen, Record Game, Record Webcam, and Convert Video File.
The Ribbon-style toolbar offers some advantages; for example, the Home tab contains a set of player controls under Record/Play and a Recording Mode section that lets users select their recording window with a click from Rectangle, Window, Program, Full Screen, and Recording Preview. Clicking one of the Record buttons alters the Home tab's controls to just those feature needs. Each recording choice also displays controls and settings specific to each one in the main window. Under Record Game, we could set Audio Format and Device, Frames per Second, Location, and other options.
Clicking Record brought us dialogs for selecting output format and other options, plus one warning us about the Evaluation watermark. But the program minimized itself, leaving behind an ultrasimple box in the notification area containing Stop and Pause buttons and a neat little Drawing tool. The watermark doesn't obscure LiteCam's quality or versatility, and the full version is worth the cost.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of LiteCam 3.8.LiteCam HD - Capture HD videos from your screen - Download Video Previews:
liteCam is a user-friendly screen recording application. What you see on screen is what you can capture using liteCam. Need something special to make videos different from others? Capture videos, screen activity, and gameplay featuring webcam PiP (Picture-in-Picture) recording. Create presentations, tutorials and demos activating PiP to make them professional and impressive. It will bring human interaction into your recording and will increase your viewer's attention. You can move the PiP window around and change the opacity so that the PiP window is not in the way. Have your audience better informed using the Draw-on-Screen tool. Record and share your gameplay face inside of your game play screen with the new PiP feature. With PiP recording you will not miss yourself enjoying awesome moments of great achievement or how fast and accurate your hands control the mouse and keyboard while playing games.
What's new in this version: Version 3.8 improves compatibility with DirectX ENB.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Convert and edit your video files adding slide shows and titles...
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Add watermarks to all videos whatever AVI, MP4, FLV, MOV, MPG.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Convert general videos and HD videos to your desired HD formats...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Burn videos to DVD disc or generate ISO files.
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Convert your videos to different video file formats.
- Unleash your creativity to transform your video footage into am...
- Capture and record video from your screen.
- Create movies and slide shows from your photos and videos, and ...
- Play YouTube video files from the Web or your local folders, pl...
- Convert AVCHD video files to MP4 format.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 69 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"PIP recording is PERFECT!!!"
Version: LiteCam 3.8
PiP feature is fantastic! :-)
"good but no phone or chat support"
Version: LiteCam 3.8
a lot of features but still relatively easy to use.
no phone or chat support.the promise to answer in two hours was not
HEY ,WHEN A PROMISE IS BEEN MADE HERE THERE NO TURNING BACK....
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content