CNET Editors' review
LightMan TagEditor lets you edit your music files' tags, but it makes you suffer through a bunch of add-on programs to do it. Worse still, the program doesn't do much of the work for you, making you manually edit your files instead of filling them in for you. All told, there isn't much that makes this program better than other options or even Windows' default file renaming tool.
LightMan TagEditor lets you fill in the gaps in your music files so you can have a more complete track listing. It doesn't tap into any database, though, forcing you to already have the content if you want to put it in. The program gives you a series of blank spots where you can input information into your track listing for convenience. Its layout does give all of the information right away, though. It even gives the logistical details of your file. LightMan TagEditor also lets you assign a picture to the track and queue it up in your player of choice. On the downside, the program's installation is loaded with trap programs. Unlike other downloads, you have to install these to advance in the installation process of the main program.
The nasty add-on programs that come bundled with the installer will probably be inexcusable for most who download LightMan TagEditor. It doesn't help the program that most of what it does can also be done just by right-clicking the file in Windows' menu. This program just presents those options in a slightly more organized layout.
Are you madly in love with music? Then you should know that every love needs to be tended and cultivated. It is no different with music. LightMan TagEditor is exactly the program to do that with - tend to your passion. Devoted to making tag processing easy for those who are first of all music lovers and not tech savvies. With LightMan TagEditor you can fill missing ID3 tag fields even if you only have parts of filenames and folder names to help you in the process (such as title, artist, album, year, genre, comments and other info you think would be useful for tagging a file). The program can be used with various formats including MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, FLAC, APE, WV, M4A, AAC, MPC files. In some situations, the music file you want to fully tag is stripped of any helpful information (you probably have in your music collection files titled simply track01.mp3 with no tags attached). In this case, the program allows you to download ID3 tags from various online services (FreeDB, for example). LightMan TagEditor is able to export available tags for a backup or for more processing, and import ID3 tags from a database via a CSV file while being connected to the Internet. With LightMan TagEditor you have access to an abundance of features and options like creating playlists, organizing folders, renaming files, exporting data using different formats, and other. Tasks such as editing, playing, enqueing files but also loading pics in your player, all marked by simplicity, come to complete the vast functionality of the program.
What's new in this version: Version 2.4 is a bug fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Edit MP3 tags, find covers, and organize your music collection.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Organize all your music files in order and have them clearly ta...
- Tag and organize your MP3 music collection, get cover arts, lyr...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Process music files with a far-reaching metadata manager.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Edit and add tags to your audio files.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Edit Mp3 tags in a spreadsheet with automatic filling in.
- Organize your music collection by creating and editing file tag...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- View and edit metadata in Microsoft Office, OpenOffice, JPEG, A...
- Manage your music collection using an audio tag editor and play...
- Handle all popular digital audio tags formats.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Write and edit MP3 tag info in batch mode.
- Convert all your iTunes music to MP3 to use in your cloud.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content