CNET Editors' review
It's hard to imagine a business smaller than the typical lawn service, except for lemonade stands. Though lawn service companies can be as large as their ambitions, most are just one or two young guys with a pickup truck and a trailer full of lawnmowers. If anyone needs a break to stay in business, it's them. Lawn Manager Pro from Lazy Bayou can provide some assistance in the form of business database software that helps the boys of summer stay on schedule and keep up with customers, billing, expenses, and those little things that so often escape attention when you wear all the hats.
Lawn Manager installed cleanly, but the process took a little longer than usual. The program opens with a business contact wizard that you need to fill out only once. The interface background is a large and quite beautiful image of what is presumably Lazy Bayou, the developer's Mississippi locale; an unusual but welcome touch. This software uses a series of dialog boxes with entry fields to create customer accounts, equipment inventories, employee data sheets, invoices, payments, and other records. Utilities for automatically updating customer, equipment, and other records simplify the process of keeping accounts current, and reporting features come in handy at tax time. We tried the employee, equipment, and customer accounts tools; each was as easy to use as anyone could like, short of having someone else do it for you.
Lawn guys will love Lawn Manager Pro, especially during the peak days of summer, when schedules are full yet often change rapidly due to elements beyond the lawn service's control, such as the weather and the whims of customers.Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of Lawn Manager Pro 4.0. The trial version is limited to 14 days only.
From Lazy Bayou:
The Lawn Log is used by Lawn Service companies both large and small. It provides the means to keep current with schedules, customers, and billing. It's hard to stay organized in a small business, where everybody has a lot of hats to wear, and where customers expect your immediate reaction to their needs. If you don't do it, they are off to your competition. Managing a lawn service business requires a product like Lawn Log.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Stay on top of your customers' requests.
- Get a customer service and help desk software with multiple fea...
- Manage and control your help desk operation.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Provide Web-based timesheet for effective management and accoun...
- Track employees' or contractors' working hours on their project...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Setup and manage your day-to-day CRM-related activities.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Increase your sales and improve your existing relationships.
- Organize your sales and inventory management system.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Manage your dental clinic's accounting, billing, and inventory.
- Enable voice or video chat on your Web site.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Manage your customers, helpdesk, call tracking, and customer se...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Waste of $ and horrible customer service!"
Version: Lawn Manager Pro 4.0.1
Not one good reason why I'd recommend this product
NO customer support
NO refund even though they won't help me
I purchased this software and needed customer support to complete download since it didn't recognize my email. I have contacted the company many times with no help. So I have no refund and no program. It must be a scam! Stay away from Lawn Pro. It's a rip off!
"This program is horrible. Stay away."
Version: Lawn Manager Pro 4.0
There are none.
Everything about it
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: