CNET Editors' review
Solitaire is a popular game, and over the years many variations have sprung up. Klondike is perhaps the most popular version, the one that people tend to learn from grandparents, parents, or the small suite of games that comes with Windows. Despite its simplicity and ubiquity, Klondike Solitaire remains an entertaining card game, and this basic rendition is quite playable, but not particularly impressive.
The program's interface is plain but attractive, with the cards displayed on a patterned green background. Unlike other versions of solitaire, this program doesn't allow for any customization of the game's appearance; users can't choose from multiple decks of cards or change the background color. In fact, although the graphics are decent and the game is playable, the program lacks many features that are common to even basic versions of solitaire. There is no draw-one option, only draw-three. There is only one style of scoring. Users can't even double-click on cards to send them to the foundation piles; each card must be dragged and dropped. This version of Klondike Solitaire isn't bad in a pinch, but even the version of the game that comes with Windows has more features. In fact, the only thing about this game that is the least bit customizable is the music; a cool jazz track can be turned on and off. The program doesn't have a Help file per se, but it does include brief instructions for playing solitaire.
Klondike Solitaire is free, but it contains advertisements for other games. The program installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users seeking an extremely basic version of solitaire.
From Novel Games:
This is the popular Klondike Solitaire card game. The object of this game is to pile all the cards up in four piles, each pile must have the same suit and must go from A to K. The card can also be piled up temporarily at the bottom, while doing so the cards must be in alternate colours and must be in descending order of consecutive numbers. Only a K can be put on an empty column at the bottom.
What's new in this version:
- Updated the graphics of the game.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Play 582 solitaire games with more than 80 card sets, 300 card ...
- Play over two hundred card games.
- Enjoy playing four solitaire games.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play Klondike solitaire in 3D.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Play a video-slot game on your computer.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Let your kids learn the alphabet, numbers, and musical instrume...
- Create your own question pair games.