Ruby on Rails is a framework that allows a web developer to rapidly design web applications which are capable of leveraging database back-ends with minimal effort. Written in Ruby, Rails prefers convention and simple patterns to facilitate rapid development rather than relying on a myriad of complex and intermingling configurations files. The result is a web framework that allows you to transition from idea to implementation in a fraction of the time it might have required with other web frameworks.
Benefits of running a JumpBoxDeploying an application as a JumpBox provides a dramatically-reduced path to getting started with the software. Aside from installation benefits it yields other advantages such as portability across computing environments and simplified ongoing maintenance of the application. Here are a few of the benefits to using a JumpBox:
- Self-contained deployment means easy to move or delete - it won't scatter files all over your operating system.
- New versions of the JumpBox contain updates to each component in the software stack so there's no patching web servers, application servers, databases, dependencies, etc.
- A web-based administration console simplifies the management of your application including SSL certs, email relaying, SSH, backups and more.
- Once you know how to install a JumpBox you can deploy any of 50+ other JumpBoxes and take advantage of a growing library of conveniently-packaged Open Source software.
What's new in this version: - The JumpBox for Ruby on Rails has been updated to use version 2.3.4 of Rails. - Release notes are available here: http://guides.rubyonrails.org/2_3_release_notes.html
More Products to Consider
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Container controls for Xojo that can be embedded in a window.
- Use undo feature at your daily Xojo tasks.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Host multiple web sites through easy-to-use virtual hosting.
- Date control plugin for Real Studio and Xojo.
- Xojo and REAL Studio plugin that adds error alerts to required ...
- Deploy in minutes with no complicated setup scripts.
- Quickly deploy a standalone PostgreSQL database with PHPPgAdmin...
- Xojo and Real Studio calendar control plugin.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Adds TreeView plug-in control for Xojo and Real Studio.
- Manage business database applications.
- Add six multi-precision data types to Xojo.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Easy-to-install environment to develop and deploy JRuby on Rail...
- Develop Ruby 1.9.3 and Rails 3.2 applications rapidly.