Editors' Note: Clicking on the Download Now (Visit Site) button above will open a connection to a third-party site. Download.com cannot completely ensure the security of the software hosted on third-party sites.
Benefits of running a JumpBoxDeploying an application as a JumpBox provides a dramatically-reduced path to getting started with the software. Aside from installation benefits it yields other advantages such as portability across computing environments and simplified ongoing maintenance of the application. Here are a few of the benefits to using a JumpBox:
- Self-contained deployment means easy to move or delete - it won't scatter files all over your operating system.
- New versions of the JumpBox contain updates to each component in the software stack so there's no patching web servers, application servers, databases, dependencies, etc.
- A web-based administration console simplifies the management of your application including SSL certs, email relaying, SSH, backups and more.
- Once you know how to install a JumpBox you can deploy any of 50+ other JumpBoxes and take advantage of a growing library of conveniently-packaged Open Source software.
What's new in this version:
- The JumpBox for Ruby on Rails has been updated to use version 2.3.4 of Rails. - Release notes are available here: http://guides.rubyonrails.org/2_3_release_notes.html