Java Runtime Environment (JRE) specifications
What's new in version 7 Update 51
New Features and Changes:
- Jarsigner updated to encourage timestamping: Timestamping for a signed jar is now strongly recommended. The Jarsigner tool will print out an informational warning at signing or verifying when timestamp is missing.
- Changes to Security Slider: Block Self-Signed and Unsigned applets on High Security Setting; Require Permissions Attribute for High Security Setting; Warn users of missing Permissions Attributes for Medium Security Setting.
- Prompt users to clear previously remembered decisions: Users are given an option to restore the security prompts, for any prompts that were hidden prior to installing the latest release.
- Change in Default Socket Permissions: The default socket permissions assigned to all code including untrusted code have been changed in this release. Binding sockets outside of the ephemeral range now requires an explicit permission in the system security policy.
- Change in JAXP Xalan Extension Functions: A change has been made in JAXP Xalan Extension functions to always use the default DOM implementation when Security Manager is present. This change affects the NodeSet created by DOM Document.
Bug Fixes: This release contains fixes for security vulnerabilities.
- Publisher Sun Microsystems
- Publisher web site http://www.sun.com
- Release date January 14, 2014
- Date added January 14, 2014
- Version 7 Update 51
- Operating systems Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008
- Additional requirements Not available
- File size 27.79MB
- File name jre-7u51-windows-i586.exe
- Total Downloads 13,684,469
- Downloads last week 17,998
- License model Free
- Limitations Not available
- Price Not available