Java Runtime Environment (JRE) specifications
What's new in version 7 update 45
New Features and Changes
- Protections Against Unauthorized Redistribution of Java Applications:
Starting with 7u45, application developers can specify new JAR manifest file attributes:
- Application-Name: This attribute provides a secure title for your RIA.
- Application-Library-Allowable-Codebase: If the JNLP file or HTML page is in a different location than the JAR file, the Application-Library-Allowable-Codebase attribute identifies the locations from which your RIA can be expected to be started.
- If the attribute is not present or if the attribute and location do not match, then the location of the JNLP file or HTML page is displayed in the security prompt shown to the user.
- Note that the RIA can still be started in any of the above cases.
- Restore Security Prompts
- A new button is available in the Java Control Panel (JCP) to clear previously remembered trust decisions. A trust decision occurs when the user has selected the Do not show this again option in a security prompt. To show prompts that were previously hidden, click Restore Security Prompts. When asked to confirm the selection, click Restore All. The next time an application is started, the security prompt for that application is shown.
- Starting from JDK 7u45, the following new processing limits are added to the JAXP FEATURE_SECURE_PROCESSING feature.
- The java.util.TimeZone.setDefault(TimeZone) method has been changed to throw a SecurityException if the method is called by any code with which the security manager's checkPermission call denies PropertyPermission("user.timezone", "write"). The new system property jdk.util.TimeZone.allowSetDefault (a boolean) is provided so that the compatible behavior can be enabled. The property will be evaluated only once when the java.util.TimeZone class is loaded and initialized.
- Bug fixes: This release contains fixes for security vulnerabilities.
- Publisher Sun Microsystems
- Publisher web site http://www.sun.com
- Release date October 16, 2013
- Date added October 15, 2013
- Version 7 update 45
- Operating systems Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008
- Additional requirements Not available
- File size 27.7MB
- File name jre-7u45-windows-i586.exe
- Total Downloads 13,523,716
- Downloads last week 22,062
- License model Free
- Limitations Not available
- Price Not available