From Steven Michaud:
The Java Embedding Plugin is a utility that allows other web browsers than Apple's Safari to use the most recent versions of Java on Mac OS X. When used together with an updated version of Mozilla's MRJ Plugin Carbon (included in this distribution), the Java Embedding Plugin's functionality is currently available to recent versions of Firefox, Seamonkey and Camino. But in principle any web browser could use one of the Java Embedding Plugin's two APIs to add support for Java 1.4.2, J2SE 5.0 and (where available) Java SE 6.
What's new in this version:
- Work around design flaws in Microsoft Silverlight and Apple's JVM to avoid crashes caused by a bad interaction between them.
- Work around a bug in Apple's JVM that causes occasional crashes in getContext_ADCM.
- Work around a bug in Apple's JVM that causes the browser window to become inactive (and to lose keyboard focus) if you open a signed Java applet on OS X 10.5.X (Leopard).
- Work ar... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Explore the web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Surf the Web, block pop-ups, and keep spyware at bay with a lea...
- Alternative Web browser with server-side compression for slow c...
- Connect with friends, preview search results, and get website u...
- Download a new, fast browser.
- Combine powerful browsing with media downloading and sharing.
- Browse the web comfortably.
- Beta channel of Google's web browser.
- View Flash content in your Web browser.
- Check out the latest beta of the next Firefox update.
- Web browser.
- Rich media content plugin for the web.
- Browser plugin to view rich multimedia web content.
- Web browser with Mozilla's rendering engine.
- Access Facebook without a web browser.
- Block ad elements in Safari.
- Get the most out of social networking and the Web in this brows...
- Java EE 5 application server.
- Jar file viewer, editor & decompiler.
- Displays PDFs in web browsers.
- Receive many helpful tips and pointers related to Java programm...
- Preview word docs in a web browser.
- Browse the web, work with mail, chat in IRC and edit HTML.
- Serve files and URLs to Apple TV.