Editors' Note: For private use, schools, non-profit organisations etc. JanaServer 2 remains "Freeware". For commercial use JanaServer 2 becomes "Shareware". If you want to carry on using JanaServer 2 after an evaluation period of 30 days, you must register JanaServer 2.
Jana Server is a proxy server which provides Internet access via a single modem, ISDN or DSL connection, for a group of LAN users. Jana Server is installed on the machine where the analog, ISDN or DSL-modem is plugged in and acts as the server. On the client side, additional software is not required. Jana Server manages mail to-and-from the Internet, and internal mail, for individual users. Each user can have an e-mail account with their own ISP. An HTTP server is included. Jana Server can be used for the local testing of webpages or to build an Intranet. Jana Server supports Perl/CGI and PHP3 / 4 scripting.
Additional Jana Server functions are as an FTP server, DNS forwarder that can act as a DNS server for the LAN and gateways for FTP, Telnet, News and user-defined gateways.
What's new in this version:
- TLS Support for your outgoing Mailserver (SMTP) implemented
- TLS-Support for JanaÂ´s POP and SMTP server implemented
- IMAP service rebuilded (more speed)
- Filenames of mails will be filled on empty spaces
- There is now an option to avoid unpacking the attachments by Jana if your virusscanner-software is able to doing it. This makes the process faster
- $SIZE$ as param for spamfilters implemented now. (Size of E-Mail)
- $UIDL$ is a... See all new features »