CNET Editors' note: For private use, schools, non-profit organisations etc. JanaServer 2 remains "Freeware". For commercial use JanaServer 2 becomes "Shareware". If you want to carry on using JanaServer 2 after an evaluation period of 30 days, you must register JanaServer 2.
From Jana Server:
Jana Server is a proxy server which provides Internet access via a single modem, ISDN or DSL connection, for a group of LAN users. Jana Server is installed on the machine where the analog, ISDN or DSL-modem is plugged in and acts as the server. On the client side, additional software is not required. Jana Server manages mail to-and-from the Internet, and internal mail, for individual users. Each user can have an e-mail account with their own ISP. An HTTP server is included. Jana Server can be used for the local testing of webpages or to build an Intranet. Jana Server supports Perl/CGI and PHP3 / 4 scripting.
Additional Jana Server functions are as an FTP server, DNS forwarder that can act as a DNS server for the LAN and gateways for FTP, Telnet, News and user-defined gateways.
What's new in this version:
- TLS Support for your outgoing Mailserver (SMTP) implemented
- TLS-Support for JanaÂ´s POP and SMTP server implemented
- IMAP service rebuilded (more speed)
- Filenames of mails will be filled on empty spaces
- There is now an option to avoid unpacking the attachments by Jana if your virusscanner-software is able to doing it. This makes the process faster
- $SIZE$ as param for spamfilters implemented now. (Size of E-Mail)
- $UIDL$ is a new p... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Set up a coin operated internet cafe kiosk PC-game timer.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...