CNET Editors' review
JAlbum is a longtime favorite free Web album generator. There's no wizard to direct you through the process, but a quick look through the menus will be enough to get you started creating image collections online.
To get started, specify the original image folder, set the album-destination folder, select the images, and generate the album--it's really not more complicated than that. Using the integrated FTP client, you can upload your album to your Web site or you can use the integrated Web server to serve your album from your computer. The JAlbum site also lets you post your projects to their Web hosting service for free, as long as you don't mind registering your name and e-mail address. There are several great-looking templates and skins to choose from, with more skins available online from JAlbum.
You also get an editor for basic photo manipulation, widgets for adding more functionality to albums, and faster uploads with automatic album-zipping. If you've been looking for a new way to post your photos, JAlbum is a great choice with an extremely easy-to-use interface and plenty of options to create the perfect album.
JAlbum allows you to create nice-looking photo galleries for the Web. You simply select or drag and drop folders containing images or movie files onto JAlbum, and it creates thumbnails and HTML pages to publish your images as a gallery or as a picture slide show. The galleries are based on various templates, and their appearance can be further customized by advanced users. The application's additional features include support for IPTC/EXIF data, style sheets, lossless image manipulation, pluggable image filters, and a built-in FTP/SFTP client.
What's new in this version:
- Image captions can be edited in thumbnail view
- Donors can now disable credit links back to jalbum.net
- You can now use tab and shift-tab to navigate between objects of an album project
- Removed the dreaded "Output to image directory" setting
- Faster loading of large album projects
- Bundled Turtle skin now loads far faster (compiled UI code) and updated with new features
- Made the "Directory" and "Output directory" fields more visibl... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 24 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Easy way to generate web albums to drop online"
Version: JAlbum 8.10
Makes quick online photo albums you can drop on a server and they just work. Contains some cool transitions and slideshow capabilities.
Not very good management capabilities. Pretty much just spits out the album and code, no real content management.
This is an easy way for a non-developer to build a quick slideshow or gallery that can be dropped on a webserver to share with the world.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content