Internet Download Manager is a tool for increasing download speeds by up to 5 times, and for resuming, scheduling, and organizing downloads. The program will resume unfinished downloads due to network problems, or unexpected power outages. The program features a full-fledged site grabber that downloads files that are specified with filters, for example, all pictures from a Web site, different parts of Web sites, or complete Web sites for offline browsing. The program supports HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and MMS protocols, and has an adaptive download accelerator for MP3 audio, FLV and MPEG video files. The program also features Download Video and Audio Panels for Internet Exporer, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox and other Mozilla based browsers that appears on top of a web-player and can be used to download flash videos from sites like YouTube, MySpaceTV, Google Videos.
What's new in this version: Version 6.28 build 8:
- Fixed problems with Chinese captions on the "Download panel"
- Improved IDM download engine
- Added a feature to the settings of schedulers to go into sleep mode or hibernate when downloading is done
- Improved "download panel" view on high DPI displays
- Improved video recognition in web players
- Added support for Firefox 53, 54, 55
- A new type of extension for Firefox (webextension) has been created that s... See all new features
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1,926 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great product, used it for years"
Version: Internet Download Manager 6.28 build 8
Always does the job, frequent updates keep it working properly.
Customizable for most situations.
There seems to be no channel for user feedback. This is unfortunate, because I would like to see a few enhancements. Knowing how to use feedback constructively is the key to greater success.
Clearly the best tool available for retrieving data from the web.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content