VirusBarrier X5 is the acclaimed antivirus for Mac that is simple, fast and non-intrusive. VirusBarrier X5 protects Macs from viruses by examining all the files that are read or written, as well as watching for suspicious activity that may be the sign of viruses acting on applications or other files. If the program finds any viruses, it can repair the files immediately, display an alert, or put the files into a quarantine zone. Users can run scans either automatically or manually, using VirusBarrier X5's on-demand scanner to check any files, folders or volumes at any time.
What's new in this version: This update offers Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and iTunes 9 compatibility and addresses a number of other minor issues.
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Protect computer against viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, or ...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Scan your Registry and hard drive for spyware.
- Detect and destroy malware and viruses.
- Prevent Spyware and Malware running from your PC.
- Keep your PC protected from all Internet threats, never slowing...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 102 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Easy to use, full MAC, Windows, AND iPhone protection"
Version: Intego VirusBarrier X5 10.5.10
Easy to install; runs in background; most important is the full protection it provides for MAC, Windows, AND iPhone viruses. This is important for MAC users who have any type of Windows files or who send emails to Windows users.
Price; UI is OK but could be bit better.
After much research and trial with other programs, this offers most comprehensive and unintrusive protection for the MAC and related transactions with Windows users and iPods/iPhones.There was a slight, but noticeable degradation in system performance when full MAC and Windows virus monitoring is turned on. Still well worth the trade off.
Updated on Oct 26, 2009
"Fast, reliable, Easy"
Version: Intego VirusBarrier X5 10.5.10
This is how a Mac security product should work. it doesn't slow down my mac, scan is fast, interface is nice, have caught 12 viruses and tech support is very very professional and friendly.
none...maybe the price could be lower but for the best product, I agree to pay more
I am surprised that some people are having a hard time with this software, as I have been running it for a few months with no problems at all. It is mostly invisible, running scans when I connect another volume or boot my mac in the morning.
Other Virus protection software I have used has been so bad I abandoned using it, but this one behaves very well and does exactly what it's told. If it starts a scheduled scan and I want to use all the CPU power for another task, I simply close the progress bar window and I get no argument. Other software I have used will not allow me to interrupt or postpone a scan, it will lock up my machine instead, not this one, it does what I say!
I am running it on a mid 07 2.4 MacBook Pro, which has heaps of grunt, so maybe the moaners are using older, less capable hardware.
To the uninformed, be informed, welcome to the real world where millions of Mac-Haters can't wait to shoot the Mac OS down in flames. A recent scan of a friends disabled computer revealed 12 malicious items with root access including, 'OSX/RSPlug.B10!s1', 'OSX/RSPlug.A9!s1', 'OSX/RSPlug.gen7!s1', W32/FraudLoad.vaoa, et-cetera.
I COULD HARDLY BE HAPPIER WITH THIS PRODUCT, THANKS, INTEGO.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content