CNET Editors' review
OrgPlus Professional is an attractive and intuitive solution to managing organization charts. The program strikes the perfect balance between providing a basic structure for the charts and allowing users to customize charts to suit their needs.
The interface is well-organized and features functions and icons that will be familiar to users of such programs as Word and Excel. Mouse-over descriptions provide hints for functions that aren't so obvious. The charts can be created freehand or, more efficiently, using data imported from flat files, Excel, ODBC, SQL Server, LDAP, or Active Directory. Charts can be set to automatically update from the data source, eliminating the need for manual maintenance. A variety of templates allows users to customize the appearance of the charts, and employees can be color-coded to denote different statuses. Employee photos can be added, and alternative views allow employee information to be displayed without becoming unwieldy. Large organizations will find the ability to create subcharts very helpful for managing numerous employees and departments.
The program offers a variety of ways for users to share their charts, including one-click Web publishing and the ability to easily convert the charts into Word or PowerPoint documents. Printing options include the ability to create large wall charts as well as booklets with tables of contents. OrgPlus Professional installs and uninstalls with ease; the trial period lasts 30 days. Users will likely want to keep this one around; the functionality and ease of use make it a great option for organizational chart management.
Selected by over 400 of the Fortune 500 and millions of users worldwide, OrgPlus enables you to create and update data-rich, board room quality org charts automatically. Ensure you're always viewing the most up-to-date information by connecting OrgPlus to your HR database or Microsoft Excel spreadsheet; and share your charts across the organization with advanced publishing capabilities. Create data-rich charts fast: Build org charts with key workforce information, such as headcounts, salaries, and span of control, to better understand the organization and make informed decisions. Import data with ease: Simplifies the process of inputting data into an organizational chart from almost any data source including flat files, Microsoft Excel, ODBC, SQL Server, LDAP and Active Directory. Share charts in multiple formats: Quickly generate board room quality Org charts. With a few clicks, easily publish Org charts to the Web, corporate portal, Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint. Automate the entire process: Update and republish the chart data on a scheduled basis to ensure employees always have the latest information. Communicating organizational information is completely automated.
What's new in this version: Version 2012 features redesigned interface.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create boardroom-quality org charts and publish to Microsoft Of...
- Perform effective visual analysis of your organization structur...
- Create organisational charts within your SharePoint environment...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Automate employee contacts without setting up database via Intr...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Design and print out full-colored flowcharts, floor plans, and ...
- Create dynamic multi-series charts from your own database.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create unique and powerful data presentation and map applicatio...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Design and create more productive business visuals with the wor...
- Create SharePoint Org Charts from lists or databases.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Create various diagrams and perform different layout algorithms...
- Smartly draw flowcharts within MS Excel.
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 32 votes
Current version:1.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Product OK but insidious installs/changes outrageous!"
Version: Insperity OrgPlus 2012
Installs all kinds of extra software changes all of your browser settings all without prompting. Registration process is also horrible and a bit shifty. Uninstalled after first use.
Uninstalled and won't be using this again.
"BEWARE! Severe trial limitations; otherwise, seems good"
Version: Insperity OrgPlus 2012
- Easy to create basic org chart
- Easy to move cells around
- Easy to configure
- Trial limited to 5 saves or prints, despite also being limited to 30 days
- Trial includes watermark on all docs
- Trail code failed to arrive, had to contact support
- Can't format text in text boxes
- When editing cells, text jumps when first selected, so you can't double-click to select words etc.
- Help is very weak, didn't include any info on bottom tabs or replicating sheets
Impossible to evaluate! I think this product could be good, but evidently the makers are incredibly paranoid and pretty stupid about marketing, so they have severely limited the trail version, to the point that you really can't see if it's going to work for you. If the purchase price were around $20, then I can see how I might overlook these limitations and give it a try. But the product costs well over $100, so I really want to evaluate/trial it. They have effectively prevented this.Forgot a couple of cons:
Updated on Aug 31, 2012
- Does not allow the taskbar to auto-appear in Win7 (have to use Alt-F4 or the Win key)
- Refuses to print the entire set of charts. This is a big problem because the trial ver only allows 5 prints, so you have to print each chart in a set separately. Really, truly braindead. :-(