From O'Reilly Media:
By Itzik Ben-Gan, Dejan Sarka, Roger Wolter, Greg Low, Ed Katibah, Isaac Kunen
Published by Microsoft Press (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780735626027)
Get a detailed look at the internal architecture of T-SQL with this comprehensive programming reference. Database developers and administrators get best practices, expert techniques, and code samples to master the intricacies of this programming languagesolving complex problems with real-world solutions.
Discover how to:
* Work with T-SQL and CLR user-defined functions, stored procedures, and triggers.
* Handle transactions, concurrency, and error handling.
* Efficiently use temporary objects, including temporary tables, table variables, and table expressions.
* Evaluate when to use set-based programming techniques and when to use cursors.
* Work with dynamic SQL in an efficient and secure manner.
* Treat date- and time-related data in a robust manner.
* Develop CLR user-defined types and learn about temporal support in the relational model.
* Use XML and XQuery and implement a dynamic schema solution.
* Work with spatial data using the new geometry and geography types and spatial indexes.
* Track access and changes to data using extended events, SQL Server Audit, change tracking, and change data capture.
* Use Service Broker for controlled asynchronous processing in database applications.
* All the books code samples will be available for download from the companion Web site.
Superb Reading Features
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.