CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
From Chexar Networks, Inc:
Ingo, cha-ching-go. Way to go. Youre officially one step closer to easy money. Were pretty sure youre going to love using Ingo. After all, Ingo is so simple. Just download the Ingo app, create a simple profile, register your participating VISA prepaid card, and take a picture of your check to send it to Ingo for approval. If we approve the check, it will be loaded on your VISA prepaid card in minutes for a reasonable fee. Once Ingo loads the money from an approved check, its your to spend - Ingo will never reverse the load, even if the check is bad. How great is that? Ingo can review any type of check for approval up to $2,500, whether its from your employer, your neighbor, your customer, the seventeen parents in your childs class at school, or even your Great Aunt June. Not only that, Ingo is also there when you need it. Just tap the app and Ingo, cha-ching-go. FEATURES:Money on your terms. Good Funds in Minutes: When you need access to your money in minutes, choose Good Funds in Minutes. If your check is approved, Ingo will load your check in minutes less a 1% fee for printed payroll and government checks, or a 4% fee for all other checks. Well do the math for you, so youll always know the fee before you agree to load your check. Good Funds in Days: If you dont need your money for a few days, choose Ingos free option, Good Funds in Days. Well load the funds from your check onto your card for free in 7 days if we approve the check and it hasn't returned in 7 days.HISTORY: View real-time transaction history and see images of the checks youve loaded. ACCESS:Register, add and delete cards, and edit your profile all within the app. HELP: Around-the-clock free and awesome customer support. Ingo is available for use with the following families of Visa Prepaid Cards:AccountNow Rushcard UPsidePaychekPLUS!*Blue EliteNew cards are being added all the time.*If you have any problems enrolling your PaychekPLUS card please contact customer service at 866-984-4357 for further assistance.Ingo is owned and operated by Ingo Money, Inc. as an agent of PreCash, Inc. All checks subject to approval by Ingo prior to loading. Additional Terms and Conditions apply, available at http://www.ingomoney.com.Recent changes:Upgrade from Spyke beta to live Ingo Version.Your money just got a whole lot more awesome!Content rating: Low Maturity
What's new in this version: Upgrade from Spyke beta to live Ingo Version.Your money just got a whole lot more awesome!
More Products to Consider
- Best Cache Cleaner.
- Droid NAS allows you to share folders over a Wi-Fi network, mak...
- Kill unnecessary apps and running tasks.
- Mobile Banking BRI is a secure and convenient sms-based mobile ...
- Print anywhere from any Android tablet or smartphone.
- View and manage your contacts on your Android device.
- Take note and remember everything, compatible on multiple devic...
- Google Keep.
- Lock for WhatsApp Now let this locking app protect your WhatsAp...
- Protects your Android phone or tablet with award winning antivi...
- Make things happen (with friends).
- Unlock your phones true potential w/ Root Tools by JRummy16 *Ro...
- Perform discount and tax related calculations on your Android d...
- Learn everything about PowerPoint.
- Organize your tasks, sync them between devices, and share your ...
- Manage your expenses and income of the day.
- Get mobile barcode reader on your Android device.
- Protect your Tablet for FREE now with AVGs Mobile Antivirus Sec...
- Shared Solutions wants you to feel confident about achieving yo...
- A cool new dynamic lock screen, replacing the generic lock scre...
- FCB Banks Mobile Banking App - Bank where ever, when ever!.
- Now to answer the question "where the money went?" easily.Save ...
- Preview the latest features of the Google Chrome browser.
- Adjust the paint color of your own walls with just a single tou...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Worst customer service"
Version: Ingo Money 1.0
It's an app you can use on your phone. That is the only pro.
Worst customer service. Nothing is reviewed and their responses lack a complete response.
Received a check from my neighbor for a kitchen appliance we sold. Ingo Money declined the transaction because "they cannot accept a check written from the same address". It's a check from my neighbor who has a completely different address. Needless to say I will delete this app and not use or recommend this service.
"GREAT IDEA, HORRIBLE IMPLEMENTATION"
Version: Ingo Money 1.0
WHEN it works, it is convenient
1. They MAY or may not cash a check from the same payor you have submitted checks from before, payroll or not. Seems to depend on their mood. Submit the same check three or four times within a few minutes and you may have a shot. They will have a different excuse as to why the check was declined the first two times. Personally, I think some of the "reviewers" don't want to be bothered.
2. They just raised the fees to a minimum of $5 or 1 or 4%, whichever is greater. If you choose the "in days" option, hold time now 10 days instead of 7, three more days that they are making money off your funds that cleared electronically the same day you submitted check for load.
3. The check capture camera is buggy.
With the combination of a buggy application, surly customer service reps, and their ridiculous increase in fees for less-than-stellar service, I see failure in Ingo's future. That is really sad, as if the service delivered as promised, the convenience may have been worth a little extra in fees. Unfortunately, it is more frustrating than it is worth and I have uninstalled.
"Finicky app, terrible service"
Version: Ingo Money 1.0
When it works -- which is rarely -- it works.
The app is finicky and doesn't always capture the check. The service behind it is worse. Deposits that no sane bank would question -- such as BANK-ISSUED CHECKS -- get refused, and you receive an annoyingly cute little email that says "something just didn't seem right" or words to that effect.
In short, this service promises MUCH more than it delivers.