From OpenView Design:
Index Generator will take a PDF book and produce a list of words with associated page numbers. If the book format is in some other form it must be converted to PDF (Microsoft Word offers this as a Save As option. OpenOffice also exports to PDF). Words can then be selected to be included in an index for the book. Individual pages of a word occurrence can be excluded or included. Words can be set to reference other words. Words can be a subheading of other words. Once the words have been selected, the output can be formatted to your liking. The index can be printed or saved as a Microsoft Word File, PDF File, RTF File or Plain Text File. The preview dialog allows coping to the clipboard for pasting into an application of your choosing.
What's new in this version: Version 3.4 fixed Heading and Reference bug.
More Products to Consider
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- View DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Find any word in a PDF, Microsoft Word or text file as fast as ...
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Convert PDF, RTF and TXT files to images for reading them in th...
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Add search capabilities to your CD-ROM, DVD or CD collection us...
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Get an organizer, calendar, poster, note cards, and e-picture b...
- Back up and publish your blogs.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Apply and extract bookmarks from PDF files.
- Create Adobe PDF files with the push of a button.
- Print specific bookmarks and print bookmark index.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Convert TIFF and DJVU formats to PDF.
- Write PDF documents from any application.
- Read PDF files as "flip-page" books by one click of a button.
- Convert PDF files to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Turn documents, web pages, photos into booklets, banners, poste...
- Get 3rd world development information about various subjects wi...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Works ok for simple indexing"
Version: Index Generator 2.0
It's free, easy to use and navigate, and doesn't take too much memory up
It lacks some basic indexing functions. For example, the software only recognises the PDF's page numbers so it cannot account for non-numbered pages (such as the book covers) or Roman numerals. It also needs an option to exclude pages across the whole project (such as bibliography) as it takes ages to go through each entry to remove the pages. If they added these options, it would be a great improvement.
Good for simple PDF document indexes but not really suitable for a professional book index
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content