- Full, incremental and differential backups.
- Back up files and folders to restorable, hfspax-based archives ('imps') or to plain, Finder-readable file archives.
- Back up to CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW and disk images on any mounted hard disk (i.e. - iPod, FireWire drive, Newtork server, etc.)
- Multi-session disc burning offers 'write until full' capabilities for supported optical disc formats to reduce disc waste when running multiple small or incremental backups.
- Encrypt disk images with AES-128 disk encryption and keep your passwords stored safely in the OS X Keychain.
- Compress disk images for local archive storage.
- MD5 file checksum validation to ensure restoration accuracy.
- Segment large files between two optical discs, or optionally disable this feature for plain readable file-copy archives.
- 'Root' user runtime authority to avoid permissions issues.
- Powerful grep-based regex filename pattern exclusion system.
- Bookmarked session management system.
- Preflight system to verify, check validity and estimate backup routines.
- Preservation of all Macintosh HFS/HFS+ file meta-data.
- The ability to back up hidden and system files.
- CD-RW/DVD-RW disc erasing utility.
- Full, detailed logging of all application actions.
- Restore individual files from 'imps' archives (hfspax-based) back in place, or to a location of your choosing.
- Choose to overwrite or leave existing files in place during restoration.
- Restore UNIX files with original permissions.
- Provide you with a streamlined, beautiful UI to accomplish these tasks.
What's new in this version:
For full release notes, please see Impression's version history page.