CNET Editors' review
Imagine for Mac lets you write and edit notes, articles, blog posts, poems, and the like, and do some basic text formatting. The application looks good and runs smoothly.
The app downloads and installs quickly from the App Store. It comes with a light and clean interface that features an easy-to-navigate menu. The main application window has a blank notepad layout where your text will display. You can easily access some basic formatting options such as bold, italic, underline, and text color, as well as word count if you choose to make the Format Bar visible, which will then appear at the bottom of the screen. On first glance it looked like Imagine for Mac could save our files only in RTF format. This proved to be true when we used formatting in the text. However, when we didn't use any formatting in the text, the app allowed us to save it as a TXT file. Overall, the app does what it promises...that is, creates a distraction-free writing environment.
With its basic interface and excellent performance, Imagine for Mac is a good solution for writers. If you are looking for a free text editor with basic functionality, you won't regret downloading this app.
From Benjamin Chan:
Imagine is practical writing at its best. A simple, clean, readable layout and all you'd ever expect from a simple text editor, but so much more. You no longer need TextEdit, or Word. Imagine can do it all for you, in a faster, more beautiful package.
- Adjustable font and font size
- Eight background colors
- More beautiful layout
- Live word count
- Lightweight and fast, opens in seconds
What's new in this version:
- New Icon
- small bug fixes
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Eliminate your credit card debt and consumer loans using popula...
- Transcribe audio recordings and control audio playback with a f...
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Record, store, and manage contact information.