Hydra is a collaborative distributed text editor, combining the simplicity of TextEdit and the power of Rendezvous. It allows to share documents on a local network (with Rendezvous) or on the internet. Every participating user can type simultaneously and see what others are typing. You can even follow others users to see what they are up to.
Hydra features true simultaneous editing for multiple users. Text changes are highlighted in a different color for each user, allowing easy identification of your coeditors' changes. The scrollbar indicators give you a quick overview where others are working in the document.
In addition to its rich networking capablities, Hydra does everything you'd expect from an advanced text editor. Encodings and line endings are handled seamlessly. Programmers benefit from customizable syntax coloring and function pop-up, bracket matching and indenting.
What's new in this version:
- Invite people and link to Hydra documents on websites using “hydra://” URLs
- Project Builder integration
- Blockedit: edit multiple lines at once: Tutorial movie
- Integration with FTP clients: upload on save
- Line numbers in the margin
- Customizable text color
- Sort symbol popup alphabetically by holding option key
- Support for file types and creator information
- Improved windows zooming behavior
- Collabora... See all new features »