CNET Editors' review
There are image editing programs that are so bare bones that they barely do anything besides crop and rotate, and there are behemoth image editors that use a lot of system resources and require a lot of time to master. Hornil StylePix falls squarely in between these two extremes, providing users with a powerful editing tool that is still intuitive and fairly easy to learn.
The program's interface is plain, reminding us a little bit of Microsoft Paint, but with sleek icons that give it a more modern feel. Toolbars across the top and down the left side give the program a slightly cluttered appearance at first glance, but it will quickly become apparent to users that the icons are familiar, well-organized, and described by helpful tooltips; what may at first seem cluttered quickly starts to look like a lot of useful tools at your fingertips. StylePix provides more than the typical number of photo editing features, with a wide variety of special effects. Some of these features work better than others--we didn't have a whole lot of luck getting realistic-looking results with the red eye correction tool, for example--but on the whole we impressed with what the program includes, and most of the features worked as expected. The program's online Help file is lengthy, addressing each of its many features, but we do wish that it went into more detail about each one. Overall, StylePix didn't exactly wow us, but we think it's a solid photo editing tool that should meet the needs of many advanced-amateur users.
Hornil StylePix installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
Hornil StylePix, or simply StylePix, is a graphics editing program with a number of advanced features. Stylepix is an acronym for "Style Pictures". This means your pictures with nice style. Hornil StylePix has intuitive user interface. It is designed to control the selected functions easy and conveniently. Even if you have no experience, you can easily learn how to edit image and retouching your photos. As a result, Hornil StylePix's intuitive UI reduces your time to work. To better speed editing, Hornil StylePix is designed to focus on light and powerful. We are always striving to improve the performance of Hornil StylePix. Hornil StylePix runs on fewer resources environment such as Net-books and laptop computer or virtual machines with full image handling features.
What's new in this version: Version 1.12.2 has fixed bugs when some shortcuts did not work and when some undo and redo feature did not work.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Right-click an image file you want to preview and you'll see a ...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Take screenshots (selected area, or full screen), edit and uplo...
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 18 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Works just like Photoshop"
Version: Hornil StylePix 1.12.2
What's not to like with a free version of a program like Adobe Photoshop, a program that costs hundreds of dollars. I recently restored a photograph of a friend that was faded, badly ripped, and had a discoloration line down the center of the picture. I even added additional color to her blouse and necklace to make the picture even nicer looking. Hornil StylePix performed every function flawlessly and the results were very satisfactory. The photograph again looked good like it had never been damaged.
If there are any cons, I don't knowofthem.
This photo program is a definite keeper. Go get it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content