Hogwasher is a full-featured newsreader for OS X. File downloads in multiple connections across multiple servers, thread trees and extensive filtering for keeping your discussions accessible, with a beautiful interface built for OS X Yosemite. Follow complex discussions at a glance with a graphical thread tree display. Extensive rule-based filtering to keep what you want and get rid of the garbage. Drag files unto a message window and post properly segmented and encoded binaries with one click. View pictures directly with built-in image gallery. Full support for automatic par2 check and repair, unrar, unzip, and split-file assembly.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed serious performance issues with subscriptions containing a huge number of messages.
- Moved the loading of large subscriptions into background thread to keep app responsive.
- Fixed inability to retrieve headers from certain newsgroups with large article numbers.
- Fixed redraw anomaly and potential lag when expanding or collapsing threads.
- Fixed the stripping of the closing space in the signature delimiter when posting.
See all new features »