CNET Editors' review
Macro (close-up) photography is a tricky skill to master. It is difficult to capture images in sharp focus with this type of photography. Helicon Focus can help photographers salvage partially focused macro photographs by combining them into one clear image.
Photographers will be able to use this program with just a cursory look at the Help file. There is a demo that you can watch that shows what the program can do. Amateurs and hobbyists will have to read the Help file more carefully, but it is well written and succinct. We first tried the Animation and 3D Model features. It was fun to watch the sharpening process step by step with the Animation feature and to see a 3D version of the image. We used Helicon Focus on one of our blurry images, but we only had one partially focused version of our image, so it did not work. Helicon Focus recommends that you have at least three partially focused versions of the same image, so keep that in mind when using this program. You can save images in all of the common graphic formats: JPEG, TIFF, PNG, BMP, and even PSD files so you can edit them in Photoshop.
The program offers an ample 30-day trial. Watermarks will appear on images created with the trial version. It installs and uninstalls from your computer with no fuss. Helicon Focus is a well-designed program with an easy-to-use interface. It tackles a common photography problem efficiently. Photographers and scientists who take photographs through microscopes will find Helicon Focus a handy tool.
From Helicon Soft:
Helicon Focus is a program that creates one perfectly focused image from several partially focused images. The program is designed for optic microscope image processing to cope with the shallow depth-of-field problem. Helicon Focus can also be used in macro photography. The program can automatically adjust and re-size images to combine the perfectly focused image.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Combine multiple out of focus images into one in focus image.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Protect the copyright of your digital images with customized wa...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Resize and attach captions on images.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Capture and edit screens, and send or paste them into presentat...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Resize all your images, photos / pictures in JPEG, PNG, GIF, or...
- Resize multiple images simultaneously.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Create photo collages and digital scrapbooks from your images.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Transform several images into a kaleidoscope.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Organize your digital-photo collection, retouch and view pictur...
- Create HTML Help and documentation integrated with your Microso...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1