CNET Editors' review
HandBrakeBatch for Mac works efficiently with the popular DVD ripping program HandBrake to allow batch conversions, which is not a function available by default in the program, itself. The application is easy to use, free, and can speed video conversions considerably.
Even though it's a popular DVD ripping program, available on a number of platforms, HandBrake doesn't allow for batch jobs, a detriment to users who need a number of files and discs converted. The application downloads easily, but the user must have HandBrake installed for it to function. While there are no graphics in the application's menu, it is intuitive and easy to decipher, especially for the more advanced target users. The left side is set up like a notebook where the video files can be dragged and dropped. A small button can also remove items from the list. There is also a drop-down menu to select the preset the user wants to apply to the entire batch, which lists most of those available in HandBrake. A clearly labeled section also allows for changing and renaming the output location. Dropping files into the program worked well, and the overall conversion process functioned as intended, with the test batch all finishing properly.
For those looking for a way to speed up processing of video files, HandBrakeBatch for Mac is a clean and functional application that won't disappoint HandBrake users.
HandBrake is in my opinion the best video converter available today; I have been using for a long time, and every time I try a different application I am regularly disappointed. The only problem with HandBrake (on the Mac at least) is the lack of a real batch mode: the queue management is great, but you have to select the source files one by one.
Here comes HandBrakeBatch: a fully independent application which uses HandBrake video converter under the hood, and allows you to drag & drop a bunch of files at the same time, and convert them using any of the default HandBrake presets.
The application is free and licensed under GPL (as HandBrake is). The source is available on github.com, and the complete application is available here.
The application includes HandBrake conversion engine, you don't need to download and install HandBrake separately. The best architecture (32 or 64 bit) is automatically selected at runtime.
What's new in this version: Fixed: Empty language lists in the Preferences.
More Products to Consider
- Play Blu-ray disc/movies and watch 1080p HD video on Mac.
- Convert files between flv, mpeg 1/2/4, 3gp, mp3, m4a, wmv, wma,...
- Play, import, convert and export Windows Media video and audio ...
- Broadcast and access videos and radio on the Internet.
- Convert multimedia files between formats.
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Play FLV videos, including screen video, sorenson H.263, H.264.
- Motion graphics & visual effects for film, video, multimedia, w...
- DVD authoring tool.
- Mac video file format converter. Convert avi, mov, wmv, 3gp and...
- Convert mov files to JPG images.
- Advanced screen recording application.
- Convert your music to WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, OGG or Apple Lossles...
- Play Blu-ray movies, 1080p HD video and any other media with a ...
- Multi-camera video surveillance app.
- Convert all audio & video formats in AVI, WMV, MP4, H.264/AVC, ...
- QTKit-based media player with on-the-fly ffmpeg remux support.
- Free Mac video editor software. Easily edit movies and video cl...
- Seamlessly connects your Plex clients with all of your local an...
- Convert MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, MKV, AVCHD MTS/M2TS, MXF, FLV, MP3,...
- Assemble a series of images into a Quicktime movie file quickly...
- Download and convert videos from various websites.
- QuickTime menu, chapter & metadata editor.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Not the same version listed"
Version: HandBrakeBatch 2.18
The version that downloads from this 2.18 link is really 2.19. I can't complain about getting an even more improved app.
But, it will not launch on OSX 10.6.8. Haven't tried other 10.7 yet. So the requirements need to be updated in the listing.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content