HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder, available for MacOS X, Linux and Windows.
HandBrake is a video transcoder that takes your movies and transfers them to a format that's useful on your computers, media centers, and portable electronic devices. It converts most any video formats to a handful of modern ones.
What's new in this version:
- updated libx264 (revision 2146)
- MPEG-2 encoder (from libavcodec)
- advanced options support for libavcodec encoders format: option1=value1:option2=value2
-bf 2 -trellis 2 becomes bf=2:trellis=2
- audio gain control (increase/decrease audio volume)
- updated libogg (1.3.0) and libvorbis (aoTuV b6.03)
- new AAC enco... See all new features »