CNET Editors' reviewIn the grand tradition of Marble Madness and Super Monkey Ball, Hamsterball lets you roll a protagonist through a series of wacky mazes, all the while avoiding deadly obstacles and navigating treacherous precipices. The unregistered version of this cute shareware game allows 20 plays of the first five levels, in either Tournament or Time Trial mode.
Hamsterball has a well-developed style of its own, with unique colors and thematic elements that distinguish each level. You can play its five stages at three difficulty levels: Pipsqueak, Normal, and Frenzied. With no opponents or tricky passages, the first stage lets you get a feel for controlling the rodent, but the difficulty soon picks up. Roaming eight balls, snapping mousetraps, and smashing hammers are just a few of the obstacles to avoid. Each stage has a time limit, and any leftover seconds carry over to the next level, but once the timer hits zero you're one dead hamster. Although controlling the character with the keyboard is slightly difficult, a game controller makes the action more manageable. Also, you can't manipulate the 3D environments, so sometimes you won't be able to see your little guy completely. Expert navigators might zip through the first five levels, but most folks will have a grand time running that poor hamster like crazy.
In Hamsterball, race your hamster to the goal before time runs out, but beware--these fiendish courses will do anything to stop you. Play a timed-trial game, take on the Hamster Tournament, or play Rodent Rumble with your friends. Grab your exercise wheel and load up on the hamster treats, because it's time for fun when the hamster runs.
Version 2.0 adds all-new party games.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Play 475 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- 3d truck racing game.
- Create your own text adventures (interactive fiction).
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Play through a whole career of wrestling matches featuring a va...
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 11 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Excellent marble madness clone"
Version: Hamsterball 2.14
Absolutely lovely looking marble madness clone, with very innovative level design in the later levels.
It used to be very expensive (30$? not sure anymore) but it's definitely worth the money they charge now (and you can check that out first for yourself of course)
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content