CNET Editors' reviewThis tool features lessons and exercises for learning and brushing up on your Morse code knowledge, but is marred by a mere five-minute session limitation. Ham University's functions and features are easily accessed through a simple, cartoonlike interface. Ham University features different examination levels and elements to review for FCC exams. The program instantly scores your tests and displays scores needed to pass the exam. The Morse code section of the program generates tones to translate, but expects users to have previous knowledge of the Morse code alphabet. The application includes an amusing game inspired by Tetris to test your Morse code knowledge. Unfortunately, you get a measly five minutes per session before the program shuts down. No warning is given, so users must remember to often save examinations and lesson points. Despite the extreme limitation, some dedicated Morse Code students may still find this application worth a try.
Ham University helps you learn Morse code and prepare for your FCC Exams. It includes Morse code lessons, exercises and a neat game (Pentode) inspired by Tetris. For the written exam there is a training program plus practice exams. This is a solid top-of-the line Windows program written by one of the developers of Windows. Supports the latest General Question Pool and the @-sign.
More Products to Consider
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Replace keyboard via Morse Code entered by tapping mouse button...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Decode morse code via sound card to text.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Transmit Morse code from your keyboard or your joystick.
- Local conditions, severe-weather alerts, radar, and forecasts o...
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Learn Morse code through a structured training course.
- Learn English and prepare to pass examinations.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Communicate using Morse signals or learn Morse code.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Get a collection of brain training activities.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Create e-learning exercises, tests, assessments, and exams.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- View samples for Visio Managed Code Interop Tutorial.
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Learn how to program computer games.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: Ham University 2.00X
This software makes it easy to learn Morse Code.
"You Can do better.."
Version: Ham University 2.00X
It's an ok product, but, for the price, not as good as competitors.