CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
HD Player supports most video and audio formats, but it can be so frustrating to use that the overall experience isn't good. It crashes frequently and includes ads.
At first launch, HD Player asks you to register. However, this step is easy to skip and with just the click of a button, you can proceed to the player. Once the application opens, it will find every video on your gadget, including some deleted videos and even animated intros to gaming apps that are hiding on your phone or tablet. Any time you try to play a video, HD Video Player asks you to download the full version to unlock more features and get rid of the ads. It doesn't tell you what features the full version offers compared to the free version, though. Apart from enormous format support, this player offers subtitle support, which is a truly neat feature that works well. By default, any video you play with the app will play on a loop until you make it stop, but this can easily be changed in the Settings menu. While the app was able to handle all the video and audio files we used for testing, the program crashed and stopped responding on occasions. When we tried switching between Stretch to fill screen and Zoom to fill screen options, for instance, the player froze and displayed a black screen instead of a video currently playing. On these occasions playback controls also stopped working.
HD Player needs to work out a few bugs before we can recommend it. While there was a lot to like about this app, including support for many file types and a subtitle option, it wasn't enough to offset the performance issues.
HD Player is high performance, almost all formats media player with a lot of functions. Video: mp4, wmv, avi, mkv, dv, rm, mp, mpeg, flv, divx, swf, dat, h264, h263, h261, 3gp, 3gpp, asf, mov, m4v, ogv, vob, vstream, ts. Audio: mp3, wma, ogg, mp2, flac, aac, ac3, amr, pcm, wav, au, aiff, 3g2, m4a, astream. It saves your time and disk space to transcoding or format converting. Just put your video on sdcard or click the URL in browser to watch it.Support sub: srt, ass, ssa, sub,txt, utf, smi, rt,aqt, jss, js, utf8, utf-8.It load external subtitle with same name of video automatically and support .m3u playlist.Recent changes:Fixed bug hangs while scanning for video/audio filesSupport set HD Player to default playerContent rating: Everyone
What's new in this version: Fixed bug hangs while scanning for video/audio filesSupport set HD Player to default player
More Products to Consider
- HD video player is the easiest android phone player, has a powe...
- Play the video in various formats.
- Sync iTunes playlists, rate music and build playlists directly ...
- Mix and scratch 2 MP3 files on your Android device.
- Video Editing toolbox on your device.Currently we have 6 wizard...
- SYBLA TV Sybla TV brings you the best Arabic and international ...
- Turn your phone into a wireless camera! Supports Windows, Mac a...
- Play popular file formats on your Android, including AVI, FLV, ...
- Hollywood Movies.
- Unlimited Music. Everywhere.
- Play almost any type of digital music files with Wide/Reverb/X-...
- NOTICE : If you are using S2, Only audio is working for now. We...
- Edit your videos on the go with VidTrim. VidTrim lets you trim ...
- ## Can play and browser MP4 File on your device.## You don't ne...
- Play video and audio files in various popular formats.
- Play audio and video files with this cross-platform player.
- Bass Booster - Equalizer - Volume Booster - 10 Presets.
- Download and share videos across Android, PC, and Web.
- The CSVA Browser quickly connects you to videos from the c-span...
- Mobo Video Player, the best video player.
- Manage and play your media on the Android device.
- Listen to audiobooks and podcasts on your Android device using ...
- Daroonplayer upgrades now for more stunning features, and owns ...
- Play multiple video formats on your smartphone.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content