CNET Editors' review
True to its name, this popular and affordable app's main functionality is converting graphic files--importing from some 200 formats and exporting to about 80 at last count, with a tremendously time-saving batch processor thrown in for good measure. But GraphicConverter also proves invaluable as a high-speed image editor that lets you quickly browse, resize, sharpen, adjust color, and optimize for the Web, all at a price that makes commercial packages blush.
GraphicConverter's interface hasn't quite kept up with its ever-growing feature set (and many of its most useful features can be accessed outside of the app anyway, through contextual menus), but what this app lacks in simplicity it more than makes up for with copious features. The app also includes extensive documentation, and the program's uber-diligent programmer (whom even Apple has called "one of the most conscientious developers in the shareware universe") provides frequent fixes and updates. Recent changes have included the ability to view images in a "digital light room" browser mode, a completely rewritten backend for support of 64-bit, added support for large images with more than 16,000 X 16,000 pixels, and many more fixes and minor feature enhancements.
If you're looking for a low-cost way to make quick edits to images or batch convert to other formats, this app is a no-brainer for Mac.GraphicConverter - View, edit, and convert images on Mac OS - Download Video Previews:
From Lemke Software:
GraphicConverter offers you everything you need and would expect for an all-round editing software for your Mac with ease of use, an excellent range of functions, stability and reliability. GraphicConverter is able to open and import approx. 200 different picture formats, i.e. almost every form of picture file, regardless of the operating system or computer platform on which the file was made. In order to enable you to exhange pictures with other users GraphicConverter currently allows you to save your pictures in approx. 80 different formats. Depending on the format used, GraphicConverter offers a variety of settings for the import and export of files.
What's new in this version:
- New features
- added shadow and highlights
- added color balance
- added histogram equalization
- added metadata tab to slideshow preferences; fontsize, color and metadata can now be choosen
- added search feature to preferences dialog
- Russian translation added
- customized options to set rating and label with the keyboard in the browser and slideshow
- cursor up/down in image does recognize user selection for natural scrolling on 10.... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Preview image files of different formats directly in Windows Ex...
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 95 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"You put up the wrong version again"
Version: GraphicConverter 7.6
Great app. But wrong version.
N/A. I don't see any cons except that this link was wrong.
I had to go to the Lemke site to get the correct 7.6 version. This link downgraded me to 6.7.6.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content