From Robin Stewart:
Graph Sketcher lets you make elegant and precise graphs in seconds, simply by sketching what you want. The interface is intuitive and simple so that you can quickly find what you want while underground algorithms take care of all the messy details. It's no problem if your data is already in a spreadsheet or database program -- just copy and paste it right into Graph Sketcher. All adjustments you make are displayed in real time, so fine-tuning is a piece of cake. Best of all, the program has gone through rigorous user interface testing -- the only way to really find out how to make software intuitive to use.
Graph Sketcher is a great solution for students and teachers in the sciences and social sciences who want to make plots and graphs for problem sets, lab reports, and presentations. The ability to simply sketch lines and labels representing supply and demand curves makes Graph Sketcher by far the best solution available for introductory economics. And its data plotting and best-fit line capabilities are great for physics and chemistry. It even lets you easily draw the kind of "graphs" that mathematicians use in graph theory: those with vertices connected by edges.
Graph Sketcher is also ideal for 2-D graphing tasks that require more flexibility than traditional programs allow. For example, it's easy to add as many lines as you like to represent goals, cutoffs, or other boundaries. It's also easy to add labels anywhere on the graph surface. And you can enter data visually with a click of the mouse, rather than manually typing in x- and y-values, which makes it great as a health tracker or a way to incrementally record any type of progress.
What's new in this version:
- Bar charts (a new type of "point shape")
- Ability to swap the axes
- Ability to copy the graph as an image (to paste into other applications)
- Paste & Replace command for using new data with an existing graph layout
- Quick Look integration for Mac OS 10.5
- Many smaller fixes and enhancements
More Products to Consider
- Manage your e-book library and sync to reader devices.
- View satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, geographic...
- Classic typing instruction software.
- Read, annotate, highlight and mark up PDFs. Designed for scient...
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- English-Urdu dictionary.
- Kids' artwork program with iLife integration.
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- Analyze, process, plot and evaluate numerical data and mathemat...
- DNA sequence assembly, alignment, and mutation detection.
- Convert EPUB to PDF with high quality.
- Display & analysis of atomic structures.
- Story outlining & script formatting software to create a profes...
- Scientific 2D plotting program.
- EBook Converter, convert ePub to Kindle, kindle to pdf, epub to...
- Explore an interesting reading phenomenon.
- Create effective graphs from data and expressions.
- Simulator for Conway's game of life.
- Powerful mathematical language for performing scriptable tasks.
- Tool for estimating software development time.
- Graph drawing and data plotting.
- Practice spelling skills.
- Build, display, manipulate crystal and molecular structures.
- Plot lines and planes in a stereographic projection.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: