CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Google Play Books for Android is a free application that allows you to purchase books and read them on your electronic device, i.e. mobile phone, tablet, or computer.
The plain gray interface isn't very exciting, but it did prove very easy to use. A prominent Menu button gives access to the settings and allows you to change the screen view. To start reading, you just choose a book and it automatically starts at the beginning or, if you've use the app to read the book before, to the last page you were reading. For those who like to write in the margins of hard-copy books, there's even an option to add your own notes to specific sections of text. There are also options to view definition cards or see information about specific places simply by highlighting the text you're interested in. Books are listed with a cover graphic, title, and author, which we liked. The graphics are sharp and the actual books were easy to read on the screen. There's even an option to have the book read aloud to you using the text-to-speech option. This is a great solution if you want to share the book with others and you don't want someone peering over your shoulder.
One thing to note is that you can't upload books purchased for other readers, so if you've already made an investment in another reader and other e-books, you'll need to purchase them again for Google Play Books. If you're new to e-books, Google Play Books is free and so easy to use that you'll be reading your favorite books as soon as you upload them.
Choose from millions of titles on Google Play including new releases, New York Times best sellers, up-and-coming authors, and free books. Easily personalize your reading experience, pick up where you left off on your phone, tablet, or computer, and get reading today!
What's new in this version:
- Added the ability to search the text of original-pages books.
- Added a "see all" shortcut from Read Now to My Library.
- Stability improvements.
More Products to Consider
- English - Hindi and Hindi - English Dictionary ( ).
- Translate English to Tamil.
- The Holy Bible, New King James Version Bible, NKJV.The Old Test...
- Get an English dictionary application for your Android device.
- This Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas APP Has:- Every Cheat for AL...
- Alkitab: Indonesian Bible with Section Headings and Parallel Ve...
- Scan your essay, article, term paper or dissertation with a sin...
- Candy Blast Mania Tips and Cheats Get the latest Candy Blast Ma...
- Get Sinhala Tamil English dictionary for your Android device.
- Read Kindle books on your Android devices.
- Access popular eBook community where readers discover, share, a...
- The entire Quran for free, English, Arabic + transcript + recit...
- Search PubMed database with 19 million citations for biomedical...
- Tasks, a reliable To Do List app.
- Create flashcards and sync them to your phone.
- View the source of any website on your Android device.
- Take users' opinions and transfer them into a thesis statement.
- Formerly a top rated app for downloading files stored on your G...
- Kamusku is an offline English-Indonesia dictionary and vice ver...
- BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD THIS APP and maybe give it a negative ratin...
- Get an offline book catalog and book reader on your Android dev...
- Teach all the color combinations to your kids.
- Keep a library in your pocket! SAPL Mobile makes it easy to fin...
- GrooVe Forwarder!.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content