Editors' Note: PLEASE NOTE: Google Chrome for Mac OS X Developer Release is a very early release version and does not yet have some of the functionality that a full general release version would have. Many of the features still under development affect the privacy behavior of Google Chrome for Mac OS X.
Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the Web faster, safer, and easier. Use one box for everything--type in the address bar and get suggestions for both search and Web pages. Thumbnails of your top sites let you access your favorite pages instantly with lightning speed from any new tab. Desktop shortcuts allow you to launch your favorite Web apps straight from your desktop. The developer's build tests new features before they're pushed to the beta build, and so it should only be used by those who are willing to risk browsing data loss.
What's new in this version:
- Updated V8 220.127.116.11
- Fixed a possible sync crash triggered by encryption of all sync data.
- The --enable-accelerated-plugins flag was changed to --disable-accelerated-plugins. Pepper Plugins are now accelerated by default.
- Fixed a crash when deleting cookies from chrome://settings/clearBrowserData.
- Enable new client-side phishing detection for non-UMA users (previously UMA-only). When local heuristics trigger, sends only limited information that does ... See all new features »