From Global Mapper Software:
Global Mapper is more than just a utility; it has built in functionality for distance and area calculations, raster blending, feathering, spectral analysis and contrast adjustment, elevation querying, line of sight calculations, cut-and-fill volume calculations, as well as advanced capabilities like image rectification, contour generation from surface data, view shed analysis (including Fresnel) from surface data, and triangulation and gridding of 3D point data. Repetitive tasks can be accomplished using the built in scripting language or comprehensive batch conversion functionality.
This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
What's new in this version: This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- Read the CBR files.
- Type in Hindi using iTrans scheme of transliteration.
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
- Read ebooks on your Windows personal computer.
- Search for various e-books from the Internet.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Convert ePub, HTML, XML files to PDF file.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Edit/view HiRISE & GIS, high magn.,+++ menus,slow<learn"
Version: Global Mapper 11.00
Provides JP2 satellite MRO HiRISE capability, many GIS/terrain file access, and has many menu controls.
Relatively high magnification of closeup limits. Good lime, area, polygon measurement tools.Reasonable menu access even in trial mode. An asset..
Unstable (in learning curve) for layer interaction controls. 'Flips' all or each layer to extremes upon adjustment changes at times, requiring a rebuilding of the overlay settings. May relate to JP2 HiRISE images only? Back/Undo button missing?
A great GIS file and mapping editor/builder, with many controls which give a fine color, detailed, finished product. I have only used JP2 satellite images in this, and that is not the central use of this fine product. The trial use is reasonably complete in controls, and the closeup high magnifications seem more extreme and at least as good other JP2 file readers. A helpful addition to JP2 satellite image viewing/editing.
A few days use, and I still find some layers 'not following, but leading, in inexplicable changes occassionally, requiring a resetting or even a reloading of the layer file. The JP2's are 50MB to 2.5GB in size, and that may be partly at cause in the apparent instability.
Other readers experiences would be helpful to me in regard to the few possible problems.
I would recommend all persons try the trial program installation, with a mind to consider buying- price for a mapping/GIS program is inexpensive.
A method of rendering JP2/JPEG distortions to a low noise level would be helpful, as in all image editors.
Aspects of this program are better than some other free and 'fee' viewers I use.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content