GigAlarm is a multipurpose alarm / reminder program, capable of running files and playing multimedia files (including MP3s) to notify you of events. But GigAlarm is capable of many other alarm actions including changing the background wallpaper, syncing the system clock via the internet (using RFC-868 or RFC-2030), shutting down / restarting / logging off Windows, scheduled hibernation resume, wave file playing (random or selected) and program / file running (also random or selected). GigAlarm is a multithreaded programs (i.e. it takes advantage of multi-processor/core and hyper threaded machines) and can schedule thousands of different events. Alarms can be programmed to auto-repeat by a time offset (such as every 5 hours or even a random time) or a set time after boot. Alarm repeats can also be set to miss certain days.
Various views are supported, including next alarms in order, deleted alarms, all alarms, a large view mode for across the room viewing and a calendar preview mode. The preview mode even shows the Window-Up Time, World Times and your daily bio-rhythm. GigAlarm has a multitude of other options and capabilities, including alarm search and sort, Instant Alarms, alarm templates, snooze control, variable alarm cut off, repeating sounds, boot up alarms, countdown, variable pause, variable alarm warning, missed alarm notification, database selection and more. In addition, GigAlarm also provides an instant shutdown ability via its icon. GigAlarm installed and using a 100 alarm database requires under 1MB of hard drive space.
What's new in this version: Version 1.35 has included new features such as Mixer controls and Web interface.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Set reminders for important events and an alarm clock for any d...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set a timer and schedule your PC shutdown.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Measure time in seconds from 3 seconds to 49 days and get a 'ti...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Receive audio and visual reminders of single or recurrent tasks...
- Set a functional alarm clock right on your desktop.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Set up Microsoft Outlook reminders for eBay auctions via hotkey...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Keep track of important events.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Place an alarm clock on your computer that plays MP3s.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Assign an MP3 or any other audio file as your wake-up alarm.
- Get reminders with a talking alarm clock.
- Wake up/remember important event to your favorite songs.
All versions:4.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"The smartest, smallest program you will ever download"
Version: GigAlarm 1.29 revision 2
Software that is written in pure machine code makes it sooooo small but soooo powerful. It can remind you about anything and everything with a microscopic footprint compared to the outlook products of this bloated software world.
All of the software by this programmer is of the same caliber, brilliant.!!!
"Excellent product! Best alarm clock for the price made for all!"
Version: GigAlarm 1.29 beta 4
Great product for the price with some of the coolest features out on the WWW. You can shutdown your computer at a specified time or have your alarm play an mp3 AT RANDOM so it actaully wakes you up. It also has a good/practical User Interface. Best alarm clock for the price!
No 'cool' background, or text-to-speech abilities (although those hold no weight overall considering its other features).
"Very capable and reliable program with some hard to find features!"
Version: GigAlarm 1.28
GigAlarm is a very capable, neverthless small program. It is intuitive to handle, works absolutely reliable and has very many features thereunder some hard to find ones, as not only sending to standby and hibernate but resuming from both exactly to the very second. I think it is cheap and worth each cent. The author provides excellent and fast support, although almost everything is explained in the help file.