CNET Editors' reviewThis program helps you find seeds and plants from all over the United States. However, prohibitive limitations render the trial version of Garden Catalog Profiles useless. The installation from the ZIP file can be tricky, and the program doesn't come with an uninstaller. The main interface is a gray search screen with a few menu options and pull-down menus for the type of plant, seed, product, or specialty you're seeking. You can be as general as the option Attracts bees or as specific as what USDA zone your garden is in. The search results show catalog information, company affiliations, and customer service policies, as well as the nursery's specialties. It would be nice if you could select one of those specialties to create a new search, though. The trial version doesn't let you search by city, zip code, or area code. More damaging, the search results contain no contact information for the nurseries, replacing all characters with X. The registered version might be the best thing to hit gardening since store-bought mulch, but only those who plan to buy the program should bother to download Garden Catalog Profiles.
From Norell Software:
For great varieties not available locally, try getting seeds and plants by mail. There's no better guide than Garden Catalog Profiles, a directory of mail-order nurseries all across the U.S. You'll find more than 250 nursery listings, with detailed catalog descriptions and ordering and shipping policies--even a personal message from the nursery. Freshly updated, this information is not easy to find in one place. It's thoroughly indexed by 1,000 specialties, tools, and accessories. Find nurseries that cater to your growing zone or state. Look up nurseries by city, zip code, area code, or any part of a nursery name. In addition, many nurseries list a Web site, e-mail address, fax number, and even a toll-free phone number. There's no advertising, and nurseries do not pay to be listed. The program is easy to use and unconditionally guaranteed, and e-mail support is free if you ever need it. This useful tool is so inexpensive, you can't afford to be without it.
More Products to Consider
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Keep track of the seeds you have purchased.
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Get instant access to information about garden plants and flowe...
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Standardize and manage your business documents.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Keep the record of all files and folders stored on your disks.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Create and manage software and multimedia catalogs.
- Store, manage, and protect your important information, document...
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Organize your collection of digital photos.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Create, maintain, and organize catalogs of media collections.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Manage your music collection.
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Organize and manage your CDs, MP3, and APE files.
- Design, display, present, and realize all your building project...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Pass this one over"
Version: Garden Catalog Profiles 4.0
this appears to be a list of business to buy from. You can get this info online easily, or in a phonebook. I'm sure its advertising, and I can't find the program to delete from my pc. Plus, its really not made well.