CNET Editors' review
GOM Video Converter, as its name entails, converts video files into other formats supported by various electronic devices.
The list of formats this converter offers is large. You can find options for Apple, Android, Windows, and many other popular gadgets. As soon as you start up GOM, it asks you to set the output format for the work you plan to do, and then all you have to do is add a file to convert and begin the conversion process. At the point where you have to add a file, however, is where the issues start. No matter what file we tried to add, GOM would always end up crashing for us. We never got a chance to even test out how long it takes to convert a video because this simply did not work. The program's Help page offered some troubleshooting for when a file won't be added to GOM, but it didn't say anything about the whole application just ceasing to work and shutting down. Other than this, we can't say much else about this video converter, since we couldn't make it very far into the features. There aren't that many other features offered, but the overall design and layout of it is simple and relatively easy to navigate. We just wish that it worked.
The download and installation process was slightly difficult, just because there were some unfamiliar steps and options. Maybe understanding those better would have helped solve the issue here.GOM Video converter - Convert your video files between multiple formats - Download Video Previews:
GOM Video Converter is a powerful all purpose video conversion software. Developed by the creators of GOM Player, it supports a wide variety of input and output formats. Generally speaking, if GOM Player can play it, GOM Video Converter can convert it. Whether you want to download videos from YouTube and put them on your iPod or upload a video from your 3G mobile phone to your blog, GOM Video Converter is an easy all-in-one solution for you.
What's new in this version: Version 184.108.40.206 is a bug-fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Add watermarks to your videos.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Convert general videos and HD videos to your desired HD formats...
- Burn videos to DVD disc or generate ISO files.
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Convert your videos to different video file formats.
- Capture and record video from your screen.
- Convert AVCHD video files to MP4 format.
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Geta a multimedia center with bit perfect audio and lots of too...
- Convert any formats video to iPad, iPhone, AVCHD, Blu-Ray, DVD.
- DVDSmith Movie Backup: Freeware to copy any Movie DVD to your h...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 28 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Superfast MKV to AVI conversion (with subtitle)"
Version: GOM Video Converter 220.127.116.11
#1 - Convert 25 min 720p MKV anime with subtitle to DivX AVI of the same resolution in 6 min! with no noticeable difference.
#2 - Convert 25 episodes of above in < 90 minutes, using 8 threads. (my CPU is quad core, 8 threaded) in the background with no noticeable performance difference
#3 - Note: I can't find the "malware" claimed in the other review. I checked my firefox.
Its "too helpful"
It gives tons of "DEFAULTS" setting, but none that I need, and no immediately identify-able way to do so. but I guessed, and got it right.
I need mine converted to a DivX that will run on an LG TV from a hard drive. and of course no such option is directly available. but I just keep an eye out for "1280x720" and AVI files, so I end up using PS3 setting.
"MALWARE - Installs Babylon and changes home page"
Version: GOM Video Converter 18.104.22.168
MALWARE MALWARE MALWARE MALWARE
Even if you deselect Install Babylon it still changes your homepages in ALL your browsers.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content